Oberyn Martell-Who Should Play The Red Viper Of Dorne ?

Flaming Heart

Naveen Andrews

Wow I never thought about him! he was great in Lost and he definetly looks the part, him or Oded Fehr would be my picks. Another could be Khaled El Nabawy http://www.starscolor.com/images/khaled-nabawy-01.jpg or Alexander Siddig http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tulsa-062505-jobeth-11.jpg

Both had roles in Kingdom of Heaven (which imo is one of the greatest movies of the last decade)

Fehr looks pretty much the part, but in my mind I've always pictured Oberyn as Viggo Mortensen with the whole Aragorn look. I know he's a pretty big name, but the role of Oberyn is pretty much an extended cameo, like Ned 2.0, so I reckon they could maybe, probably get him. And it'd be an awesome nod to LOTR fans.

I'm f'in stoked to see Oberyn!! The fight with Gregor when he's screaming "You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children." at him and darting in and out with his spear is going to be awesome. I think Fehr has the look and could pull off Oberyn.

Naveen Andrews is kinda almost exactly what I pictured for Daario but with the colors.

I'm almost positive he won't be in Season 3. I think he'll be introduced in Season 4. I'm hoping for Antonio Banderas, since it's really a glorified cameo. He's about the right age and can play intense and also a bit flamboyant. How many scenes would he have? Intro when he arrives from Dorne to chat with Tyrion... and, then Tyrion's trial, and the epic combat with The Mountain. Maybe one interim scene so he can give us more background on Dorne?

Oded Fehr seems to be a popular choice as well (the original gigolo in Deuce Bigelow... and the spec ops guy from a few Resident Evil movies)

I like Naveen Andrews and Olivier Martinez as well.

(I also love the intro where he tells Tyrion he was a great disappointment - he'd heard that baby Tyrion was a monster with a tail, but found only baby Tyrion there.)

I'm f'in stoked to see Oberyn!! The fight with Gregor when he's screaming "You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children." at him and darting in and out with his spear is going to be awesome. I think Fehr has the look and could pull off Oberyn.

Naveen Andrews is kinda almost exactly what I pictured for Daario but with the colors.

I really really hope they keep that scene almost in its entirety.

RV: "Have they told you who I am?"

SGC: "Some dead man."

RV: "I am Oberyn Martell, a Prince of Dorne. Princess Elia was my sister."

SGC: "Who?"

Sorry crap is harsh but I would rather see someone I have never heard of then the guy from Duce BIggelo everytime I read the chapter of mountain vs. Viper I will be forced to think of Rob Schneider and I am not ok with that.

lol, go watch the mummy and the mummy returns and tell me his not suited for the role

Archived