Things you wish you knew about minor characters (but probably never will)

louzeyre

-What is Hodor's real history? There is obviously speculation as to him being a Frey or related, but specifics would be interesting.

We'll probably pick up some of the backstory in She Wolves of Winterfell - my assumption is that Duncan the Tall is Hodor's ancestor through a liason with Old (then young) Nan.

I would like to know the contents of this book:

Ten Thousand Ships or The Loves of Queen Nymeria

Why did Bran call her a witch queen?

I think some of the questions I have about the Targs will be answered like unaccounted wives and I believe there is one unnamed early Targ king but the upcoming but the World of Ice and Fire may answer that.

I want to know everything there is to know or at least the same amount as developed characters about Gerris Drinkwater and Aurane Waters.

I want to know a lot more about Brandon, Rhaegar, and Lyanna. I feel like we will get a few more things but I'm not sure how much and if I'll be craving more when it's said and done.

What Arthur Dayne looked like and his elder brother's name.

What happened to Wenda the Whitefawn.

- I want to know more about Elia. She must have been an interesting lady to inspire such devotion from Oberyn. Childhood stories about her and her silblings would be nice too.

I don't think your sister has to be anything extraordinary for you to want justice for her murder/rape. We know Rhaegar and her weren't the happiest of couples we know, and she was very sickly.

I think some of the questions I have about the Targs will be answered like unaccounted wives and I believe there is one unnamed early Targ king but the upcoming but the World of Ice and Fire may answer that.

Really? If you check the wiki you can follow the kings all the way through Aegon to Aerys. We have a lot of information about some of them all things considered. And all the portraits are based on GRRM's exact description to an artist.

I would like to know why Gregor Clegane was not married. He was one of Tywin Lannister's most trusted bannerman (which would imply he was rich), the head of a House sworn to the Lannisters and a fearsome warrior, one would think that would be enough to arrange a marriage for him. At the very least, you would think Gregor would want children to continue his lineage.

I would like to know why Gregor Clegane was not married. He was one of Tywin Lannister's most trusted bannerman (which would imply he was rich), the head of a House sworn to the Lannisters and a fearsome warrior, one would think that would be enough to arrange a marriage for him. At the very least, you would think Gregor would want children to continue his lineage.

He had two wives who died mysteriously... basically Gregor killed them.

Really? If you check the wiki you can follow the kings all the way through Aegon to Aerys. We have a lot of information about some of them all things considered. And all the portraits are based on GRRM's exact description to an artist.

On second thought, I think what happened was that Jaehaerys' child, (who is not named) was supposed to rule but was outlived by the old king and then it went to Viserys I who was his grandchild.

What Arthur Dayne looked like and his elder brother's name.

I imagine Ser Arthur as being relatively hunky. lawl.

I want to know all the things about the characters involved in Robert's Rebellion.

I want to know about Elia Martell. What sort of person was she? Its implied she was witty and clever, but how clever? What was her reaction to Rhaegar running off with Lyanna. For some weirdass reason, my headcanon says she had a thing for Arthur Dayne...

Why has a Targ never married a Stark?

Just why was Jaqen in the black cells?

The history of Braavos in general besides what we do know already.

Who is that unknown son of Aegon "Egg" V?

Why has a Targ never married a Stark?

there are various targ brides that are unnamed, so you never know. that could have been part of torrhen stark's deal.

the original sir clegane was knighted for saving the life of the lord lannister at the time. he was the lannister kennel master and lost 3 black hunting dogs while saving his lord from an animal attack.

We know that Dany is bleeding, but we don't know why. This could simply be her moon's blood.

She has not had her moon blood for two months, then it suddenly appears again and it is exceptionally heavy, and we know she has had sex with two men in the time? I think the implications are pretty clear on that.

What happened to Clegane sister?

What happened to Whents?

Why and since when is Cotter Pyke a member of the NW?

Who was Ned's mother?

Why Eddard's great aunt married a Royce from a lesser branch?

Who was Jaqen before he joined FM?

Why was Syrio in KL?

Archived