Things you wish you knew about minor characters (but probably never will)

louzeyre

I personally want GRRM to write family trees for all the houses, going back to the conquest. This would be a massive peice of work that I know he's not going to do.... but still.... I want it. I want to know if House A is related to House B and how far back they're related.

Due to theories I would like to know if Jaqen was wearing his own face when she first met him or if that was a disguise.

Yeah me too. I hope that is his true face.

Who or what is out in the island in the middle of the God's Eye?

I KNOW RIGHT!? Apparently theres something really spooky over there. Ive always wanted to know!!!

There were several other dragon lords, iirc. The Targaryen were, I think, among the top 20 houses, but not among the top 10.

'In Valyria, there were two score rival houses that contested for power. House Targaryen, however, was not considered a powerful house. Daenerys the Dreamer, the daughter of the head of House Targaryen, foresaw the Doom and convinced her father to leave Valyria. Her father, Aenar, took his family to Dragonstone along with 5 dragons. In Valyria, this was seen as weakness. The Doom happened 12 years after Aenar left for Dragonstone.'

So there were ~40 houses. Not powerful, so not top ten. They could be anywhere between 11 and 40, I'd have leaned towards the bottom end of the scale though, just from the way it's said. But open to interpretation, whether the World of Ice and Fire has more details on Valyria will be very interesting to see. I'd like to know which 'character' wrote that section, seeing how I'd be amazed the Targs allowed people to think of them as not the most powerful family in Valyria after they landed.

A hell of a lot of these questions (past wise) will hopefully be answered by the book. It'll probably contain at least a few family trees, and I hope against hope more Blackfyre information. <Probably with convenient ink stains to conceal anything that might involve 'Aegon.'

In ADWD Stannis mentions that one of his knights was considered for Robert's Kingsguard but "Cersei spoke against him." I want to know why (and by "want" I mean I need to know so it will stop driving me insane). This one I think might actually get answered because it seemed like such a random detail that it has to have a purpose.

Why is Septa Donyse (who made Brienne's dress in KL) so awesome? I mean, obviously she's a secret Targ like everyone else in Westeros, but what's her story?

In ADWD Stannis mentions that one of his knights was considered for Robert's Kingsguard but "Cersei spoke against him." I want to know why (and by "want" I mean I need to know so it will stop driving me insane). This one I think might actually get answered because it seemed like such a random detail that it has to have a purpose.

Richard Horpe, it's said by Stannis that he thirsts for blood, not exactly fantastic KG material. As to why Cersei specifically speaks against him... maybe she wanted other knights for the position, or was doing what Jaime suggested. Maybe she wanted Greenfield (a Westland's knight.) Maybe she was just being intrusive :devil:. Horpes sigil is pretty awesome.

i can answer what the words of house clegane are

"die with a clean sword and we'll f**k your corpse"

"F*** the King"

some of the best lines in that epsiode!

This. :agree:

I always wondered about them.

what i wouldn't do to be the proverbial fly on the wall inside GRRM's head... :ohwell:

• Why did Benjen joined the NW?
  • Did Elia loved Rhaegar?
  • How did Elia felt and what exactly happened to her in the last year of her life, when she was alone with small children, no husband, and a mad men?
  • How was Rhaella? Did she agree with what Aerys did? Did she care? Was she scared?
  • Did Lyanna used to train with swords with Brandon and Ned?
  • How often did Ned visit Howland?
  • Was Ned closer to Howland and with King Bob?
  • Who's Gendry's mom?

I personally want GRRM to write family trees for all the houses, going back to the conquest. This would be a massive peice of work that I know he's not going to do.... but still.... I want it. I want to know if House A is related to House B and how far back they're related.

Maybe on that encyclopedia he's writing

I just want to know if Jalahbar Xho will ever regain his kingdom. Poor dude has been petioning in King's Landing FOREVER.

I completely forgot about Jalabhar! Yes, that's actually a very interesting question. I'd like to know more about the Summer Islands!

Archived