What are we drinking now?

Reposado

We are drinking gimlets.

0.5 oz lime juice. 1/2 tsp sugar. 2 oz gin. (we are using Navy strength gin so slightly less gin than that for ours)

It's not ideal in that we typically use simple syrup, but we don't have that on hand tonight. This is also slightly dry compared to our normal recipe. So, a manly gimlet.

If you want to be lush, make a lavender simple syrup for the weekend. Lavender gin gimlets are the shizz.

wish you and K were up here drinking with us. we could sit around and drink and listen to more LPs.

We are drinking gimlets.

0.5 oz lime juice. 1/2 tsp sugar. 2 oz gin.

It's not ideal in that we typically use simple syrup, but we don't have that on hand tonight.

If you want to be lush, make a lavender simple syrup for the weekend. Lavender gin gimlets are the shizz.

dry lavender flowers? ratio? how much sugar, water and lavender?

i have an affinity for lavender. i have two recipes in a lavender society cookbook. no, seriously. one is a halibut cheek poached in lavender infused oil and the other is lavender scented creme brulee with honey shortbread cookies.

as the dear and wonderful wife has taken to gin all of a sudden i feel this cocktail will be right up her alley.

gin? OH FUCK MDF will be EPIC.

re: lavender simple syrup. It's been awhile, so I don't have the recipe handy.

We tend to make our syrup regular: equal volumes sugar and water. Boil until clear. cool. bottle.

To make a cup a lavender simple syrup, add 3 or 4 tablespoons of dried whole flower to 1 cup sugar to 1 cup water. Boil together until sugar dissolves, then steep flowers until syrup is cool or overnight. Strain and bottle. Thus, it's not a drink for tonight, but for tomorrow.

And those recipes sound AMAZING. I love lavender in cooking and am contemplating putting it in a pale ale for spring.

I'm so glad Zray is drinking again.

We're having The Dalmore 12 yr this evening. We've such a love of scotch* that we have to find decent, affordable bottles and only splurge now and again.

*and also a teenager in the house

That was a morning of pain. Beautiful pain. Thank god for egg, bacon and cheese sandwiches.

Stupid work. I missed out on egg and bacon sandwiches as a result. :tantrum:

It's not ideal in that we typically use simple syrup, but we don't have that on hand tonight. This is also slightly dry compared to our normal recipe. So, a manly gimlet.

Also, navy strength gin, so particularly manly gimlets.

We're having The Dalmore 12 yr this evening. We've such a love of scotch* that we have to find decent, affordable bottles and only splurge now and again.

The Dalmore 12 is what I snatched out of Primordial Man's hands at Boskone all those years ago when he tried to mix it with cranberry juice.

Tonight is going to be a fairly bit night. Haloween party, and my partner and I are aobut to go overseas for adventure and treasure. Mostly adventure. Sadly no treasure.

I'm thinking:

Whisky, butterscotch schnapps, red wine, malibu, vodka and muscat.

Possibly not all of the above, nor in that order.

It shall be lovely.

That hasn't been the case for a couple years (and I started drinking underage anyway). I suppose since I started posting as a kid I'm still the Once And Future Jailbait to you.

You'll always be my sweet Petah Pan. :)

Archived