Board Issues 2

Xray the Enforcer

Hi, did the forum change the way it looks recently? Because all of a sudden the site looks like this to me: fonts are larger, the spacing is wider, the links are blue and there's that weird grey border around the board....It wasn't like this last night. I tried on both Firefox and Opera browsers.

Or is it just me?

^ Same. I also tried it on Chrome + IE.

When things look like that, that generally means your browser isn't loading the CSS file for some reason, as noted. Might be due to Linda and Ran doing some work on the site (as with the other night), or just a browser being wonky with cached files.

Whenever it happens, if it's still going on after a clean reload, I'd generally wipe your browser cache and try again.

Been seeing this message superimposed on the left side of most forum pages lately. Interestingly enough, this is the first page that I've seen that it hasn't been on:

Warning: include(/home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/Archive/News.txt) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_global.phpon line 143

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/Archive/News.txt' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ips_kernel/') in/home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_global.phpon line 143

Ran and Linda have the ExpressionEngine support folks doing some maintenance/upgrade work on the main Westeros.org site's ExpressionEngine installation, which means both the main site and the chunks of the forum that pull from the main site may be a bit... wibbly... for a bit. Should go back to normal when they're done.

Posting from my phone, so can't link the error but on my computer I am getting the same "website associated with malware/spyware" error that had occurred a while back as well.

and I am getting the same message as before from work :bawl:

I can only see the main index page, can't look at any of the threads or login.

This Page Cannot Be Displayed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on your corporate access policies, this web site ( http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/75676-board-issues-2/unread/ ) has been blocked because it has been determined by Web Reputation Filters to be a security threat to your computer or the corporate network. This web site has been associated with malware/spyware.

Threat Type: othermalware

Threat Reason: Domain reported and verified as serving malware. Identified as a malicious site via network activity logged during malware analysis.

If you have questions, please contact your corporate network administrator and provide the codes shown below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notification codes: (1, MALWARE, othermalware, Domain reported and verified as serving malware. Identified as a malicious site via network activity logged during malware analysis., BLOCK-MALWARE, 0x00531a2b, 1352961828.407, AAAD6gAAAAAAAAAAJP8ACP8AAAD/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAE=, http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/75676-board-issues-2/unread/)

we know its not your fault Ran and Sparks and there is probably nothing you can do. You both do amaising work here keeping this place up and running.

I just wanted to let you know incase there was someone (Pod) you can shout at about it.

Oh, completely - this Pod's fault, just wanted to let you know whatever was triggering it happened again.

Website was down for just about 12 hours, for which we apologize! Varnish, the system we use to cache the site and help make it more robust under heavy load, crashed but was still registering as running, which prevented getting things back up earlier. Now sorted. Not quite sure why this happened, yet, but given that we had an outage the other day to a scripted attack on this server (and others), doesn't seem unlikely that it happened again.

Archived