Definitely dead/Almost certainly living?

Pope Killdragon

Which characters that are dead, missing or unaccounted for do you believe, wholeheartedly, to be actually alive? Vice versa; who do you believe is unquestionably deceased? Why? I'll start by saying that, and mine are all pretty obvious/well known that I believe without a doubt that Jon Snow, Bloodraven, Benjen Stark, Shiera Seastar snd the Hound are still alive. Jon being Azor Ahai and never actually dying in his last POV. Bloodraven obviously being the Pale Lord(I don't understand why this is so disputed). Benjen being idk alive because "....". The Hound being the gravedigger on quiet Isles and Shiera Seastar being Quaith. Characters who I believe to be undisputedly dead are all of the Kingsguard at the ToJ. Lyanna Stark. Bittersteel. And.... Rhaegar is gone and never coming back. I apologize for my incompleteness, I usually let the more prominent/well read members of the board handle this kind of discussion.

Well I ran into Miltos Yerolemu at Armageddon 2 days ago and he had this to say on the topic of whether he'd reappear in the TV series: "Syrio is not necessarily dead".

Does that mean the producers have on hold for a possible return? If he might possibly return in the TV series does that mean he's possibly not dead in the books, or are the TV producers thinking of a departure from the books here and possibly bringing Syrio back into Arya's story depending on how the adaptation goes?

Given the TV show has killed people who aren't dead (or who die later). Could the TV show keep people alive who are [probably] dead in the books?

GRRM has given the producers of the show a plan as to where the story is going, in the event of his death... not that he is dying. IT is possible that Syrio is not dead (and I hope he is not)

I believe Jon, Hound, Ned and Benjen are all alive...

With a new head or with a new body?

There is circumstantial evidence that suggests he is still alive... IE, nobody was close enough to him to see it was Ned who was beheaded, Sansa says the head looked nothing like her father and Cat says the bones she was given was too small to be Neds...

Who in seven hells is Shiera Seastar? I've seen some theories about her but I don't remember even reading about her in the books. I couldn't care less if she's alive or dead.

I like to think that everyone who appears to be dead is dead and anyone who is missing is missing. This way if one of the apparently missing/dead is actually alive I'll be more surprised when reading the book.

It is a game, and any good player must always keep an ace up his sleeve, anybody who is either thought to be dead or is missing is more then likely alive... we were under the impression that Cat and Bran were both dead, The Mountain is walking around headless, as was Baric, there is slight evidence to support The Hound is still alive... and the same with Ned and Syrio, people say GRRM likes to kill his characters, but I think he likes to hide them away, as unpredictable as it was for me to see him "kill" all of these people, it makes it all the more unpredictable to say they are still alive...

Shiera Seastar appears in the Dunk and Egg stories. She was Bloodraven's half-sister and love of his life.

My list of dead/not-so-dead/alive:

Ned Stark: Definitely dead.

Brandon Stark and Rickard Stark: Definitely dead.

Rhaegar Targaryen: Definitely dead.

Lyanna Stark: Definitely dead.

Tywin Lannister: Dead as a doornail.

Ashara Dayne: Questionable.

Elia Martell: Definitely dead.

Rhaenys Targaryen (Rhaegar's daughter): Toast.

Benjen Stark: MIA/Unknown.

Howland Reed: Kicking ass and taking names in the Neck.

Arthur Dayne: Frog Fu'd to DEATH.

Gerold Hightower: See above.

Willem Darry: Died of Dysentery.

Catelyn Stark: Undead.

Beric Dondarrion: Final Death.

Sandor Clegane: Most Likely Alive.

Syrio Forel: Impaled By Wooden Swords.

Mad King Aerys: Jaime'd to Death!

Aegon Targaryen VI: Alive Until Proven Otherwise.

Viserys Targaryen: Crowned. TO DEATH.

Quentyn Martell: Rhaegal's Dornish BBQ Recipe.

Rickon Stark: Alive On Magical Skagosi Adventures Until Proven Otherwise.

Robb Stark: Beastman Death.

Jon Snow: Stabby Stabby/Fate Unknown.

Not everyone is playing the game though...

GRRM does what he does to keep the story interesting but just because someone came back from the dead or was revealed to be someone else, it doesn't mean every dead character is going to come back as themselves or as someone else. :rolleyes:

Not everyone is playing the game though...

GRRM does what he does to keep the story interesting but just because someone came back from the dead or was revealed to be someone else, it doesn't mean every dead character is going to come back as themselves or as someone else. :rolleyes:

I know it does not mean they will, but I believe they will.

I think Rhaegar is alive both from a personal and writers standpoint

Personal: I want Rhaegar to be alive :love:

Writers: Rhaegar is mentioned FAR FAR to often, and our opinion of him changes, with no seemingly good reason for it. You don't mention a "dead" character like Rhaegar that many times, give him quite a bit of development, and not expect him to appear in some shape or form. I think he is Darkstar. I can explain how it possibly went down, but I have to go watch Supernatural right now. I'll come back in an hour.

Definitely Dead

Rickard Stark

Brandon Stark

Rhaegar Targaryen

Lewyn Martell

Jon Darry

Aerys II Targaryen

Elia Martell

Rhaenys Targaryen

Gerold Hightower

Arthur Dayne

Oswell Whent