What would happen to the Dreadfort if the Boltons get killed off?

TheCrannogDweller

I forgot about Harrion Karstark, I thought with the Uncles dead or at least about to die that the Magnar had the best claim through Alys. My Bad.

That was the whole point of Alys' marriage to the Magnar - to ensure that Karhold wouldn't go to the uncles, even if Harrion died in captivity.

I forgot about Harrion Karstark, I thought with the Uncles dead or at least about to die that the Magnar had the best claim through Alys. My Bad.

That was the whole point of Alys' marriage to the Magnar - to ensure that Karhold wouldn't go to the uncles, even if Harrion died in captivity.

Yes, the uncles Cregan and Arnolf are trying to steal Alys's claim. Arnolf has joined with Stannis in the hopes that his joining will motivate the Freys to kill Harrion. He's planning on betraying Stannis the moment he gets a chance, but is hoping that Harrion will be killed right away before that. Then Cregan was planning to forcibly marry, rape, and probably murder Alys to steal her claim. Jon is basically forced to pick a side here, and unsurprisingly he picks the side of "right" and helps Alys out. The marriage to Sigorn of Thenn gives her a decent amount of swords to go and retake her birthright. But yes, as long as Harrion remains alive he is Karhold's rightful ruler and Alys's marriage won't mean much. Although I imagine that if Harrion ever makes it back he'll be very grateful to Sigorn and the Thenns for saving Alys. But I'm also guessing Harrion isn't ever going to make it back to Karhold, so then Alys is by all means the rightful heir (assuming that Boltons and Lannisters are heading for defeat and she doesn't get attainted/stripped of her rights by her liege lord, which seems plausible and possibly even legal in Westeros).

Im late to this thread

I DO believe in wiping out houses, sorry unborn baby. Its a tough world. Like it was said earlier, I hated Tywin, but he went about it the right way. Kill off the house entirely. See House Greyjoy and House Bolton for reasons why

It should go to whatever familys helps out the Starks the most to reclaim Winterfell.

My money is: A Stark Cadet branch or Mance Raydar.

Archived