This is My Top 10 dreaded Individuals in Westeros

timenyart

Basically I've had this running in my head for a while, which is basically the Top 10 people you would never want to meet in Westeros, some of these People are on this list because of their fearsome reputations, some are on here because they are just downright evil, all are dangerous so here it goes feel free to comment and disagree or notify me if this topic should be somewhere else. This is of those alive at the beginning of the series

10. Prince Oberyn Martell "the Red Viper of Dorne"

the Red Viper is one of the most feared individuals throughout Westeros, he is also probably one of the Top Ten fighters throughout the Seven Realms. He is a skilled Jouster and Field Commander, he has fought in the disputed lands and is well known for his use of poisoned weapons, His anger is implacable, In Dorne he is actually held in higher esteem than his brother and could raise Dorne's banners without his permission. The reason why Oberyn isn't higher is because in general The Red Viper is on okay guy, hes affable easy to approach if you're friends with him, and despite his popularity in Dorne he never goes against his liege lord.

9. "Black" Walder Frey

Unlike his grandfather this lord Frey has no real loyalty to anyone but himself, He is irascible and cunning, he is one of the most skilled military leaders of Old Lord Walder's brood, his current behavior seems to put him on the Path of becoming the next Lord of the Crossing, despite having an older brother, within the Frey Family this man has a reputation rivaling the likes of the Red Viper, which is the reason I included him on this list, The rest of the Realm is unfamiliar with him which is why he is only number nine

8. Stannis Baratheon, Lord of Dragonstone, Nightfort; Master of Ships; King at the Wall, Azor Ahai, etc.

King Stannis is feared solely do to his draconian sense fo justice, this man gelds even his own soldiers who commit rape, his best friend and loyal subject is a smuggler who has lost most of his right hand to Stannis's justice, besides this aspect of his personality Stannis is well known for his military skill, both on the sea and off it, He is considered implacable and has so far never lost a battle do to his own errors, as Lord Varys said "There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man"

7 Balon Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, Twice Crowned, King of the Iron Islands and son of the Sea Wind

This man was so impressive ( on the Iron Islands) that he kept the likes of Euron and Victarion from killing each other for several years, one could argue Crows Eye was afraid of confronting him himself, but regardless in Balon's younger years he was known as a great warrior and Captain, all Ironborn have a certain fearsome aspect and Balon was the leader of their old ways twice,

6. Ser Gerold Dayne "Darkstar", "the most Dangerous man in Dorne" Knight of High Hermitage

Here is a guy described as more Dangerous than the Red Viper, there is little more that needs to be said if this is truly the case, though we are only just learning about him, he appears to be a very good fighter, and has a ill name in a place like Dorne where treachery is second nature, unlike the Red Viper he displays no redeeming qualities, definately a person you dont want to meet.

Honorable mention: Randyll Tarly Lord of Horn Hill, Sandor Clegane "the Hound", Ser Jaime Lannister "the Kingslayer", Tyrion Lannister "the Imp", Ser Amory Lorch, Beric Dondarrion Lord of Blackhaven and leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners.Victarion Greyjoy Lord Captain of the Iron Fleet, Vargo Hoat leader of the Brave Companions

Some of these people didn't the list because there were other similar but more fearsome individuals already mentioned such as Randyll Tarly ( Stannis) and Ser Amory Lorch ( who will be mentioned later) others like Sandor Clegane, Jaime Lannister, and Tyrion are not on this list because they aren't actually all that fearsome in actuality, the Hound has put on a mask and Jaime has allowed the world to make him out to be a coldblooded killer without mercy or remorse, and Tyrion's reputation generally comes from his dwarfism, Lord Beric was a paragon of chivalry and justice until the War of Five Kings, after which he became genuinely feared by any man following the Lannisters in the Riverlands, Lady Stoneheart was originally tied to his own infamy and legend.

5. Ramsay Bolton "the Bastard of the Dreadfort"

this particular fellow is the westerosi version of hannibal lecter, he rapes and flays women and if you tic him off he will kill you very slowly and painfully, the reason why he isnt higher on this list is do to other even more dangerous characters and the fact he isnt that well known at the beginning of the series

4. Ser Gregor Clegane "the Mountain that Rides"

basically a 8 foot tall monstrosity who's misogyny and hatred is legendary throughout the seven kingdoms, there is little more than I can say but avoid this guy if you ever have the misfortune of being near Harrenhal or anywhere the Mountain happens to be for that matter.

3. Roose Bolton the Lord of the Dreadfort and Warden of the North, "the Leech Lord"

the fact that Ramsay is scared of him places him on this list, anybody who can scare that beast is truly terrifying,

Roose Bolton is basically a crueler version of Ned Stark, pale eyes, no qualms about innocents, and flaying, hes the more barbaric version of Tywin, and pretty much a unknown early in the Game but becomes a player by the 5th book

2. Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport, Warden of the West, and Hand of the King

some of you are wondering who in the world beat out the Great Tywin, well we will get to that but lets examine Lord Tywin's reputation first, basically this man controls the Mountain and is one of the foremost minds in the Seven Kingdoms, furthermore he has never lost a War and has no qualms about killing innocents, many of these people already listed would soil themselves if they knew Tywin owed them a "debt".

1. Euron Greyjoy "Crow's Eye" Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of the Iron Islands, Captain of Silence

this man is considered so dangerous by his own kin that the mear suggestion that he may fear the act of kinslaying is immediately rejected, even Victarion fears the Crow's Eye and unlike other sinister forces in Westeros like Tywin or Roose Bolton, both of whom are just men, Euron seems to have a supernatural element, nobody knows what is beneath the Eye Patch but their pretty sure its not a fake eye

Think the Westerosi version a meaner, completely insane, ten times more dangerous and completely unlikeable Jack Sparrow up to Eleven and you have yourself Euron Crow's Eye, avoid him at all cost or you will at best end up a mute, that or be drowned in a cask of Saltwater

when I say fear, I mean he has a healthy respect for Euron's physical ability, in a one on one battle Victarion would win, but he knows now that he needs Dragons to beat Euron, plus in the Beginning Vic was a pretty okay guy if somewhat brutal, hes not likely to kill you for no reason that the Crow's Eye would

I agree with your list, Although if it was someone i would dread to meet on a battlefield i would have to include Barristan Selmy because of the pure epicness of him. I think the quote from Eddard " I'm glad we never met on the field, Ser Barristan. As is my wife. I don't think the widow's life would suit her." just shows how much respect the man is given.

• 1 month later...

I think you do your list a disservice by leaving Ramsey out. Ramsey has more to prove and more baggage than his father. Just because he shows a sons deference to his father does not mean that he is scared of him like that. Cat and Arya both notice that Roose is no man to jape with but just think what Ramsey wouldve done to Arya had she questioned him like she did Roose.

Truth be told, the realm needs to be thankful Roose has a leash on Ramsey like he does, but that doesn't mean the man holding that leash is more scary than the Pit Bull on the other end.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of the people on your list, 4 of them are supposidely dead, we know that Balon, Tywin, and Oberyn Martell died, Gregor clegane should have died below the red keep but I think we all understand what qyburn did to him. As for the rest of the list, Black Walder Frey is the spitting image of his grandfather, cunning, deceitful, and unreasonable in general. He would have done anything to become Lord Frey, including killing his own kin. Euron Crow's Eye, Roose Bolton, and Ramsey are all extremely dangerous people, Euron doesn't even need a reason he is truly the worst individual in Westeros, not only did he know his brother would die but he immediately claimed the seat his brother had only recently occupied because he has always wanted that power. Roose and Ramsay are the same people, one is just quiet while the other doesn't know when not to speak. Roose is very forward thinking, trying to play out his world while Ramsay just wants to kill, burn, flay, rape and cause problems. He is truly a bastard and snow has never really been so black. His marraige to "arya Stark" is a joke and if the north ever wants to return to a peaceful place the will overthrow the Bolton's and their hold on the North. Stannis isn't a dreaded individual, in all honestly I think people underestimate Stannis. If the Tyrells had been smart they would have allied with Stannis instead of bedding with the Lannisters. With Tywin dead, Cersei offically losing it and Jaime away in the riverlands (again) the Tyrells are stuck in KL with Kevin Lannister who couldn't lead a herd of sheep. He has always been a follower and should never have had the chance to become regent. You should have put Stoneheart on the list, the Frey's are more scared of her and the brotherhood than they are of manderly inside winterfell and Stannis outside of it.

People i'm most scared of....

5)Maester Qyburn: ok, he's not got an army (yet.....) but he gives me the heebie jeebies and he does appear to have Robert Strong in his closet and he's pretty damned dreadfull.

4)Gregor Clegane: My vote for Westeros' number one psychopath until i got to know the guys at the top of this list...

3)The Others: really. nuff said

2)Ramsay Snow: sick and twisted but still not as dreaded as...

1)Roose Bolton: Coz he's smarter, appears to be less obviously depraved but still seriously psycho...I'm telling you there's nothing as dreaded as Roose, especially if you happen to see him at a wedding reception and he asks you where the toilets are...

• 2 weeks later...

Bronn is underestimated. If I am remembering correctly the second he sees the Hound he tells Tyrion where his weakness lies. "That's how ill do for him" or something close. And the jousting scene, THE JOUSTING SCENE!!! One of my favorite small points of the book. The rules of engagement become irrelevant when you face someone who doesn't fear a fight to the death with anyone at anytime with no rules.

5. Ramsay Bolton "the Bastard of the Dreadfort"

this particular fellow is the westerosi version of hannibal lecter, he rapes and flays women and if you tic him off he will kill you very slowly and painfully, the reason why he isnt higher on this list is do to other even more dangerous characters and the fact he isnt that well known at the beginning of the series

i dont wanna walk on ur parade but Ramsey is exact opposite of Hannibal - Roose on the other hand is kinda close

Hannibal is smart , educated , cunning he thinks 10 moves ahead ... Ramsey doesnt posses ANY of these abilities

while Roose (yeah i hate him ) well he may actually tap into few of them

there is plenty mass murders they not at all the same ... (suggesting here FBI Files -tv show)

cool list and subject non the less (sorry i love hannibal and hate boltons :P)

Archived