The Tattered Prince is a Targaryen

Makes No Sansa

I think the Tattered Prince is what his name says he is: a Prince. It was there for us to see, as well as him keeping his name a secret, speaking High Valyrian, having a special fondness for Westerosi people...

I think he is a descendant of Aerion Brightflame Targaryen who was exiled/sent on holidays by his father Maekar I to Lys and had a son. He could also be Rhaegar himself, but that would mean all his background story is all made up, but who knows.

I just happen to think he is a Targaryen, no matter how tired you are of freaking secret Targaryens, LOL.

Lame answer but yeah... I AM sick of secret!Targs theories. One or maybe TWO of them has merit, but the rest are just... I mean if it were that simple, we would have found some of Brandon Stark's (Ned's bro) said bastards scattered around the North as well. I think sometimes a sellsword is just a sellsword.

Lame answer but yeah... I AM sick of secret!Targs theories. One or maybe TWO of them has merit, but the rest are just... I mean if it were that simple, we would have found some of Brandon Stark's (Ned's bro) said bastards scattered around the North as well. I think sometimes a sellsword is just a sellsword.

He's a leader, not just a sellsword. And we know they planned to make him Prince of Pentos, only a few families can have that privilege. He is no ordinary sellsword, that's for sure.

He's a leader, not just a sellsword. And we know they planned to make him Prince of Pentos, only a few families can have that privilege. He is no ordinary sellsword, that's for sure.

I meant as in general. Like sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, or sometimes a silver haired person is just a silver haired person, etc...

I meant as in general. Like sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, or sometimes a silver haired person is just a silver haired person, etc...

Fine irony, bro, but if he was chosen to be Prince of Pentos, then, whether he is a Targaryen or not he will be important, at least for the Essosi thing going on. Remember he wants to take Pentos not as Prince but as King.

Our fellow poster the Scorpion King made a good point, IMO.

Fine irony, bro, but if he was chosen to be Prince of Pentos, then, whether he is a Targaryen or not he will be important, at least for the Essosi thing going on. Remember he wants to take Pentos not as Prince but as King.

Our fellow poster the Scorpion King made a good point, IMO.

I wasn't trying to use irony...? I simply didn't have much opinions/theories about this and I have seen too much of secret!Targ theories so I took the easy way out and decided not to believe it until it's proven. Bro.

There is another secret Targ. Right during Cerseis walk of shame, halfway to the Red Keep. The silver-haired guy there. He stands next to a fat woman with a beard. That's probably his dragon.

What, why don't you believe me? Everybody knows any person in Westeros is a secret Targ, unless they are Syrio Forel, a Faceless Man and probably still a Targ.

Are you implying that hes a.....Pentoshi Nobleman? How did you come to such an abstract, unfounded viewpoint. - Warning, this comment may contain large doses of irony.

Probably true, but the order in which they occur to us shouldn't have any bearing.

Hot damn.

How old is he, again?

No age given for Gerion, but the Tattered Prince is 53.

"The Windblown went back thirty years, and had known but one commander, the soft-spoken, sad-eyed Pentoshi nobleman called the Tattered Prince. His hair and mail were silver-grey, but his ragged cloak was made of twists of cloth of many colors, blue and grey and purple, red and gold and green, magenta and vermilion and cerulean, all faded by the sun. When the Tattered Prince was three-and-twenty, as Dick Straw told the story, the magisters of Pentos had chosen him to be their new prince, hours after beheading their old prince."

No age given for Gerion, but the Tattered Prince is 53.

"The Windblown went back thirty years, and had known but one commander, the soft-spoken, sad-eyed Pentoshi nobleman called the Tattered Prince. His hair and mail were silver-grey, but his ragged cloak was made of twists of cloth of many colors, blue and grey and purple, red and gold and green, magenta and vermilion and cerulean, all faded by the sun. When the Tattered Prince was three-and-twenty, as Dick Straw told the story, the magisters of Pentos had chosen him to be their new prince, hours after beheading their old prince."

Nice.

My only objection would be: isn't he a little high profile to be the lost member of a famous House?

But that's my only objection.

Archived