What region suffered the most in the war?

Frey Pie

Riverlands of course.

After that, the Westerlands, the North and the Crownlands have all suffered on a much smaller scale. The Reach is behind them as it's currenly getting attacked, as well as the Stormlands, but not quite to the scale fo the other regions yet.

Definitely the Riverlands. That place was torn apart by the war.

I agree with Mr Motte that next is probably the Westerlands; due to Robb's raiding, the North; due to Ramsay, the Ironmen and Robb marching most of his strength south, and the Crownlands; the lack of food, Duskendale, Maidenpool, Saltpans etc. The Reach and the Stormlands came out of the War of the Five Kings fairly unscathed, but are both now under attack, so they may get pretty ravaged.

With winter here, the Vale and Dorne look to be the places to be right now, untouched by war and full of food.

I can see the Riverlands bouncing back fairly quickly -- can't say the same for Slaver's Bay.

Not so fast. The Riverlands is part of "civilized" and "developed" Westeros, it could bounce back eventually after the war ends and the will of whoever is the king.

Slaver's bay is very far away from civilization and beyond help.

I) Riverlands. Has been seriously pillaged and the population thinned out by Tywin's happy band of brothers.

II) The North. Lost its leadership through deceit, lost an army to various battles and is currently tied up in a civil war, and the Others are coming.

III) Iron Isles. Lost their armies in the North, lost a king and his sole male surviving heir has medical problems. Is now under the leadership of an insane man who may or may not be actually powerful. Their saving grace is that their fleet is still in tact and they're an island nation, so they won't get a bad a treatment as the Riverlands.

IV) Crownlands. Torn by conflicting loyalties between the high nobs and rampant banditry and lawlessness they too have experienced losses.

V) Westlands. Lost a lot of troops due to the fighting in the Riverlands but otherwise the lands itself and the Rock+Lannisport (and the gold mines) are untouched.

I) Riverlands. Has been seriously pillaged and the population thinned out by Tywin's happy band of brothers.

II) The North. Lost its leadership through deceit, lost an army to various battles and is currently tied up in a civil war, and the Others are coming.

III) Iron Isles. Lost their armies in the North, lost a king and his sole male surviving heir has medical problems. Is now under the leadership of an insane man who may or may not be actually powerful. Their saving grace is that their fleet is still in tact and they're an island nation, so they won't get a bad a treatment as the Riverlands.

IV) Crownlands. Torn by conflicting loyalties between the high nobs and rampant banditry and lawlessness they too have experienced losses.

V) Westlands. Lost a lot of troops due to the fighting in the Riverlands but otherwise the lands itself and the Rock+Lannisport (and the gold mines) are untouched.

Adressing point 3. Vic lost more than half the Iron Fleet getting to Mereen. The Iron Fleet is made up of the best captians and ships. Plus the remaining ships are now half way around the world where they can't do anything to defend the Iron Islands. They withdrew their forces from the North, they never really fought a pitched battle with the Northerners.

Adressing point 3. Vic lost more than half the Iron Fleet getting to Mereen. The Iron Fleet is made up of the best captians and ships. Plus the remaining ships are now half way around the world where they can't do anything to defend the Iron Islands. They withdrew their forces from the North, they never really fought a pitched battle with the Northerners.

Losses for the Iron Isles are minimal yes but they did loose men in the North, mostly around Moat Cailin, Winterfell and Deepwood Motte. The Iron Isles themselves are not rich with rescources and they're entirely dependant on having a big fleet to strike at richer pastures.

Splitting the Iron fleet seems like insanity to me but we have yet to learn much of anything about Euron Greyjoy and what his true intentions are. Big Vic was about to engage a fleet in Slavers Bay and it will be a bloody affair I think.

So far Euron seems #winning and poised to sack Oldtown but again we know little of his true goals unfortunately.

Definitely the Riverlands. That's really no contest. I also agree that either the Crownlands or the Stormlands are second after the Battle of the Blackwater.

I was under the impression that the Reach had so much food to give that they are not really hurting from helping out in King's Landing. I think they are going to start suffering from the Iron Born invasion though.

All the realm needs is for fighting to break out in the Vale and Dorne and then there will be no area untouched by fighting - making the perfect situation for an invasion by the Others.

Interesting many people dont think that the West has suffered greatly at all, despite losing 25-30000 soldiers in the field and being raided by Robb Stark and his bannermen.

My personal list would be-Riverlands, Stormlands, West/North (hard to say, id lean towards the west but its up for dispute), Crownlands, Iron isles and then the Reach

Interesting many people dont think that the West has suffered greatly at all, despite losing 25-30000 soldiers in the field and being raided by Robb Stark and his bannermen.

I did but we have to be honest here, only some nothern parts of the Westlands were pillaged but the heartland (the Rock, Lannisport, gold mines) are untouched.

They did lose a lot of soldiers though over the course of ASOFAI and that will seriously weaken the Lannister's position in Westeros.

It's really hard to say, whilst the North may not have lost as many men as other regions, it's the one that will be the hardest hit due to it (with the crazy winters) and it's leadership is all over the place atm, whereas the other regions are somewhat stable in that regard. The political situation in the north is one of the worst, it will be hard to get supplies out to everyone and even harder with the lack of men & horses. Winterfell was ransacked and it used to support thousands during winter if I remember correctly, i'm not sure what will happen to those people now. There's also all the extra mouths to feed in the form of wildlings which will strain their resources. I judge how hard a region is hit by how much the losses will affect their future ability to survive, I think the North has suffered the most in that regard.

Some southern regions have been hamstringed, but the north has had it's legs cut clean off.

I did but we have to be honest here, only some nothern parts of the Westlands were pillaged but the heartland (the Rock, Lannisport, gold mines) are untouched.

They did lose a lot of soldiers though over the course of ASOFAI and that will seriously weaken the Lannister's position in Westeros.

The western coast was raided. Robb didnt penetrate too far south, but i believe Lannisport was menaced by the Northerners, not attacked but open. Three gold mines were taken by the Greatjon, how much money or the state the mines were left in is unknown, but i doubt Greatjon left them intact completely. All their best commanders have been killed also

Archived