How do you read?

If i'm reading off some sort of screen I just find it boring, I don't know why, but turning the pages in a book just improves the experience a lot.

Audiobooks, well, they just feel lazy to me. Also, I get distracted because my eyes are allowed to wander and focus on other interesting things so i'd end up missing out on many sentences, even paragraphs, this also happens when i'm reading sometimes, but I don't miss anything because i'll just put my book down temporarily.

So ye, books forever!

I wonder how is the audiobook experience ?

I mean, I can picture myself listening to the audibook while driving my car...but at home... ??

Paperback still feels like the best way to me so far...

I have them playing in the background while showering, doing housework, cooking and other boring stuff. Furthermore, I set it on shuffle-it's amazing how many parallels and hidden connections that you come across that way.

People shouldn't listen to audio unless they have sight problems or something.

There's no need to be so judgemental.

Originally bought the GoT paperback then downloaded the books illegally (sorry but I didn't want to stop reading the story) and read them on computer until i had enough money to actually buy them, which I did pretty quickly and now own hardcover versions of the five books.

The Hardcover versions are definitely my favourite and easiest to read.

E-book. I travel frequently and I am also very turned off by clutter and collection so I very rarely purchase hard copies of books. I did have hard copies of ASOIAF but I loaned them out so they are gone forever. It's usually what happens when I buy hard copies of books anyway. I prefer to read actual books so I frequent libraries quite often, but most books end up being read on my kindle (which are often also loaned from libraries).

I really wish I could listen to audiobooks. I've tried and tried but cannot focus enough to retain anything. It would be so useful, especially when I get too busy to keep up with my reading list and also because more audiobooks are available for loan from libraries than e-books.

People shouldn't listen to audio unless they have sight problems or something.

That is such a weird comment. Why on earth not? Might people wear their ears out or something if they listen too much?

Archived