If Ned had told Robert...

Jamie's left hand

Absolutely. Cersei (and probably Tommen, Myrcella, and stupid stupid Joff) would all be dead, Ned would be alive, Stannis would most likely be king, Robb wouldn't be dead, my beloved Renly would still be alive...

MY POOR RENLY. Off to my corner of despair.

If Ned told Robert the Lannisters would feel the true meaning of Ours Is The Fury. Make no mistake about it either way the 7 kingdom would suffer because Lannister gold keeps things afloat. I don't think the Lannister's would have stand a chance in all out war, and of course Robert could have just kick their butts and take Casterly Rock. But Cersei's head would be on a spit no question, I don't think Ned would have let Robert kill the children though.

Cersei and her kids would all die and Jaime (and possibly Tyrion) would have been sent to the Wall. War would have been avoided.

that would be an outcome that tywin may have had problems accepting. i guess where that may lead is another story. ... a parallel universe even.

It really depends on how many men in King's Landing were loyal to Robert and how many were loyal to Cercei. Even if Robert had given arrest warrants for Cercei and the kids, the gold cloaks and some of the king's guard may have still sided with the Lannisters.

It could have gone two ways. Robert and Cersei hated each other pretty well, but also needed each other ofr reasons outside their relationship. He needed Lannister support (read gold) and being married to Bob made her Queen, and she's a power junkie.

So, Bob could have gone with his feelings and had her executed. Obviously Jaime would have needed to be done the same way. Any Lannister revolt would need to be dealt with, too.

Alternatively he could pretend that nothing had happened and gone on with his grotesque marital arrangement so as not to lose the Lannisters. Politics is a dirty business.

It could have gone two ways. Robert and Cersei hated each other pretty well, but also needed each other ofr reasons outside their relationship. He needed Lannister support (read gold) and being married to Bob made her Queen, and she's a power junkie.

So, Bob could have gone with his feelings and had her executed. Obviously Jaime would have needed to be done the same way. Any Lannister revolt would need to be dealt with, too.

Alternatively he could pretend that nothing had happened and gone on with his grotesque marital arrangement so as not to lose the Lannisters. Politics is a dirty business.

I dont think Bob would have compromised. He has no love for the Lannisters and a great chance to write off a big chunk of his debt by destroying them. The warhammer would have been got out

I dont think Bob would have compromised. He has no love for the Lannisters and a great chance to write off a big chunk of his debt by destroying them. The warhammer would have been got out

Robert was as good as dead by the time Ned might have told him. I don't think the warhammer would have changed all that much any more.

Archived