US Politics: Elecciones Generales 8 De Noviembre, 2012

NestorMakhnosLovechild

I actually think CO will go for Obama. The reason is that he has a far, far superior ground game there. He's ahead in polling too, so I'd put him as the odds on favorite no matter what the polls say.

FL and VA are 50/50, and I give each of the campaigns one state each.

I've talked myself off the ledge, and am ready to make my final prediction. Here it goes:

Obama 303, Romney 235

Obama gets: WI, MI, PA, VA, CO, NH, IA and OH. Romney gets NC and FL. (Edit: Forgot NV, thats with O too)

I will go allin for Obama except for NC.

332 to 206 EV for O.

52 to 47.5 PV for O.

Sam Wang offers to eat bugs if Romney wins MN, PA, or OH.

A few days ago, the word was that Team Romney was buying ads in Minnesota and Pennsylvania. If he wins either of those states I will eat a bug. Ohio...a really big bug. And yes, I will post a photo.

Today I'll address a common concern among the commentariat: will President Obama lose the popular vote?

Obama is up to 83,7% on Silver's blog now. Basically, the shift that may or may not have come from the first debate has slowly been erased.

Just a few days remaining.

Everyone who wants Obama to win should root for Ohio State to win their home game today. Apparently that stuff matters.

Apparently that stuff matters.

this is the kinda stuff that tilts me toward uncle-joe-style malevolent dictatorship-of-the-proletariat.

Ohio State's color is red!! What does it mean?

Sadly, that isn't even shocking.

Heh. Check out this column.

Incredibly bad. Does this dumbass realize that the things he's saying aren't happening like he thinks? Does he have internet access?

I totally get that a lot of people dislike Obama as the President. What I still cannot quite grasp is their ability to convince themselves that an overwhelming majority of people agree with them when it is so clearly not the case.

In Maryland it has been a pretty big deal. Last polling I heard was pretty evenly split, but there have been a lot more commercials for it than against.

We have 2 serious questions on the ballot that are getting all the attention, 6--gay marriage and 7--expanded gambling. these two get all the attention

I just got called by a pollster mainly about question 6. Most of the questions boiled down to I was defintely voting for marriage equality.

Out of all the political ads, it's the ones shown against marriage equality that make me sick the most. "They'll teach it's ok for homosexuals to marry to 2nd graders" (shows a picture like in a children's book of 2 boys kissing with a red X over their mouths) :stillsick: :bang:

Can't wait to vote for this law.

It's on in MN, too. Last I saw, the polls were 50/50 for an amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I've alerted my family that anyone voting in favor of the amendment will be disowned. I can handle other political disagreements, but not this.

As a gay man I appreciate your support, but I really don't think making statements like that is going to persuade anyone to vote for the amendment. It may just get their hackles up and make them more likely to vote for it and then lie to you about it, and how would you ever know?

Archived