[ feast spoilers] moon tea

turncloak

so obviously Margaery is being framed about all the lewd sexual acts, but she still did get moon tea more than once from pycell right? or was that a lie too? i wasnt sure since it came at a point where pycell seemed to not want to tell cersei instead of him coming to cersei with a lie. or did he lie as an excuse as to why he was spending so much time with Margaery?

so basically, did pycell lie about the moon tea?

if it wasnt a lie, who has the young queen been bonking? yes, bonking

I don't think Pycelle was lying. I'd say that's a certainty but I've made too many mistakes to be that sure.

My own theory is that the shy girl was too shy to ask Pycelle for moon tea. I think some clue would exist to show Margaery's infidelity if it existed.

I'd like to know more about Moon Tea. I've been searching the books but I haven't found any other uses that Margaery would have for the stuff.

I agree that she was likely asking for it for someone else.

At this stage should it not be obvious that Margery was framed? She need only say the moon tea was for one of her compatriots, who is under no duty to fidelity or god or whatever.

The singer only has to realize that to be freed and saved he must pull a Kettleback and say that Cersei tortured him into saying what he did. I think that will likely happen. Margery won't need a champion. I very much doubt Swift and Pycelle want Margery and the Tyrells super pissed at the realm and would have Garlan or some other noble and great swordsman installed to replace Kettleback prior to Margery having to choose her champion; that is, if the church sticks to this rather silly rule.

i dont doubt marge was framed..at all. the purpose of moon tea is obvious. why would the queen ask for it for someone else? that is just BEGGING for trouble, since everyone knows tommen is way too young... unless marge explicitely told pycell "its not for me, but one of my handmaids is too shy" but even so, i think marge would have someone else go to pycell if it wasnt for herself. that info that marge is looking for moon tea is just too damning. in fact, i think she would have someone else get the moon tea if it was for herself even

unless, like asdar said, moon tea has other uses. maybe it just tastes good

Is it 100% certain that moon tea is only used for birth control purposes? I mean, the birth control pills in our world are used for birth control, but can also be used for other medical reasons (even for men!) -- but especially for helping to regulate bad periods. Maybe Marge just has really bad cramping and heavy bleeding during her periods or something?

Just throwing this out there, not sure if its a valid observation or not, as I am not sure if moon tea is based on any folk remedies from our world or not?

that is, if the church sticks to this rather silly rule.

its not really that silly. it just seems so now, since the kingsguard is in shambles.

Is it 100% certain that moon tea is only used for birth control purposes? I mean, the birth control pills in our world are used for birth control, but can also be used for other medical reasons (even for men!) -- but especially for helping to regulate bad periods. Maybe Marge just has really bad cramping and heavy bleeding during her periods or something?

Just throwing this out there, not sure if its a valid observation or not, as I am not sure if moon tea is based on any folk remedies from our world or not?

yeah, thats what i'ld like to know, because as i said, if the moon tea only has the one use of stopping conception or whatever, theni dont think marge would ask for the tea for herself, since its just too damning of evidence against her if someone she doesnt trust finds out...since tommen is obviously too young

Was it just me, or did it seem like Pycelle was about explain why Margaery was asking for moon tea until Cersei cut him off?

i'll go read it again when i get a chance, the more i think about, the more i believe the moon tea would have to be for someone else/something else, so yeah, he probably would have said more, and since he's kind of bumbling he couldnt get it out

Was it just me, or did it seem like Pycelle was about explain why Margaery was asking for moon tea until Cersei cut him off?

Yes, he said moon tea for... and then Cersei said I know what Moon Tea is for!

So I'm pretty sure his sentence would have ended in for "(a name)".

Perhaps Taena?

It's a silly rule if it will lead to yet another civil war. Does the church really want to find out if its newly armed folk are up to standing against the rage and vengeful might of Highgarden? This new High Septon has witnessed the atrocities that his flock was just randomly caught up in. There has been no house hell bent on destroying them, and there will be if Margery goes to trial, perhaps even if she won. Best to let her pick her own champion wouldn't you say?

As to Garlan, okay ya, but I don't doubt all of High Garden does not have some other warrior who could be picked to the Kingsguard. Every fourth knight we meet is a battle hardened deadly swordsman.

Who the hell is the church going to choose? Cersei had originally considered that Kettleback would defend himself and her in a trial by combat against another Kingsguard (Trant or Blount). At least in his present state this Kettleback is not defending anyone.

Yeah, the Faith and its reborn military orders have bitten off more than they can chew. Another civil war is about to start.

Means Stannis is saved. Shoot. Means Sansa/Littlefinger's machinations have a chance, too.

It's a silly rule if it will lead to yet another civil war. Does the church really want to find out if its newly armed folk are up to standing against the rage and vengeful might of Highgarden? This new High Septon has witnessed the atrocities that his flock was just randomly caught up in. There has been no house hell bent on destroying them, and there will be if Margery goes to trial, perhaps even if she won. Best to let her pick her own champion wouldn't you say?

nevermind, i thought you were talking about the rule that says a queen must be defended by a member of the kingsguard.

nevermind, i thought you were talking about the rule that says a queen must be defended by a member of the kingsguard.

I was. The way for the church to keep their honour and still avoid a civil war is too allow her to choose her own champion, while they put up someone like Blount.

duchess of malfi,

I mean, the birth control pills in our world are used for birth control, but can also be used for other medical reasons (even for men!) -- but especially for helping to regulate bad periods. Maybe Marge just has really bad cramping and heavy bleeding during her periods or something?

That's a point which has been raised. The problem with it is that Pycelle actually denied Margaery is "unwell" before he admitted that he was giving her moon tea. If she would suffer from bad cramping why would Pycelle claim she is not "unwell"? It would have been the perfect reason for his visits to Margaery.

Of course, this assumes Pycelle doesn't deliberately deceive Cersei for his own purposes.

Archived