[ feast spoilers] moon tea

turncloak

This is actually the one mystery from AFFC that has baffled me the most. My first thoughts were that it wasn't for her. I just don't see her having a lover. Either way, I can't see why she would ask for the tea herself, as opposed to having someone else do it. ASOS hinted at Marge's scheaming abilities, I was really impressed with how manipulative and uninocent she was in AFFC (and I'm not talking about sexually, because we all know whe was framed).

Either way, I can't see why she would ask for the tea herself, as opposed to having someone else do it.

The Tyrells seem to be a protective and loving family to me.

I can see Margaery trying to protect one of her party or family by asking for the tea herself.

I am also certain that she knew Cersei would find out about it, but that falls into my theory of the Tyrells knowing Cersei's every move through Taena.

What about the fact that they found that she was no longer a virgin? Didn't the high Septon check on that score and found it to be true? I think personally that Maergary had a lover but who that lover is exactly is hard to say... Could it be Tommen? I serriously doubt it myself but maybe Meargary fell in love with a knight or something. It was once mentioned that people think Maergary was a lesbian but I find in this book that this is very unlikely.

Cersei mentioned to herself that Marg likely would be found a "non-virgin" because she had spent too much time ahorse. Vigourous physical (getchermindouttatheguitter!) activity can breach a hymen, even when the girl hasn't actually had sex. It's a fairly common occurance, and might have happened in this instance. Marg is a great fan of riding her horse.

It's a good excuse for someone like Margaery. And I'm sure that's what all the high born ladies in Westeros say Cough* Cersei questioned by the ladies of the Bedchamber on her own day-after-the-marriage-night *Cough

But I'm with everyone else on this. It's a puzzle. On the one hand she's nice enough to do it for someone else. On the other hand she's the Queen of Thorns granddaughter.

I was. The way for the church to keep their honour and still avoid a civil war is too allow her to choose her own champion, while they put up someone like Blount.

I thought since Osney was making the accusation he would have to champion himself. The church is noting making an accusation, simply conducting the trial. Kettlebeck is the one saying he slept with the queen, she denies it, the gods hold trial by combat. Osney has to back up his words with steel.

The queen however is required to have a Kingsguard member as hers. (Which would have been fair back in the days when the Kingsguard was made up of the best Knights in Westeros.)

Osney is the accusor, his brother is excused from combat because no one wants kinslaying, Loras is out due to injury, Arys is out of town (dead acctualy.) (dammit which was the KG member sent after him? he is out too), Jamie is one handed, that is why you are left with the crud knights of the kingsguard who Osney can defeat easy, maybe.

I wouldn't count either Jaime or Loras out yet. Jaime has been practicing nightly and we just don't know how Loras is from any first hand witness.

You wouldn't think Margaery would just sleep with anyone and one of the complaints Osney had was that there were always crowds of people around so it seems like it'd be hard for her to sneak off with anyone.

I'm convinced it's the girl who wasn't accused, just because she was singled out, but I'm usually wrong.

So I suggested this awhile back and it got absolutly no response but now that FFC is out and there is more proof I'll try it again. Who did Margeary sleep with? Its sure she did cuz she doesn't have her maiden head plus the moon tea. Its possible she lost it to a horse and the tea was for her cousin or something but I don't buy it. I say she is sleeping with (drum roll please) Loras. I think GRRM is hitting us over the head with the similiarities between Cersei and Jaime and Loras and Margeary. Cersei is directly compared to Marge. Loras is directly compared to Jaime. The situations are the exact same, Loras joined the KG to protect his sis from an abusive king. They look more alike then Jaime and Cersei. Its all there. I think we got ourselves another Targ wannabe lovefest.

BUt isn't Loras gay!? I don't know. The evidence is convincing for sure. But so is this. Also maybe hes bi...

FInally, on a side note, Its interesting that Mace will probably knock down the sept and slaughter the warriors sons to save his daughter and noone is coming for cersei. Cuz she is a stupid crazy bitch.

A slightly sick crackpot theory would be that she's actually beedding Tommen, to consumate the marriage.

Though I doubt she'd need any moon tea for that :P

She's probably not bedding anyone, though it would be very Martinesque to let the horse-riding be a diversion.

Well, if you want to really stretch it, perhaps Margaery asked for it knowing full well that it would get back to Cersei, forcing her hand, and eventually lead to Cersei's downfall. And mayhaps Loras isn't hurt at all, and will come riding in perfectly fine to defend his sister in any trial!! But that may just be me having wishful thinking for the utter demise of Cersei.

Wow, I never thought about that but it seems likely actually. Cersei hasn't seen Loras yet. and great knight like him getting killed in a minor battle. Nah hes whole and hearty and Marge forced her hand! She forced Cersei to say she had to have a member of the KG!!! So Cersei gets stuck with them also but Marge has Loras and Cersei has noone! holy crap, I am very quickly convinced Loras is fine and Marge set up Cersei in an even bigger way then I thought!

Also, I don't know why noone will accept the Loras is sleeping with Marge. The comparison between the Tyrell kids and Lannister kids is constantly being mentioned. It is sooo strong with dozens of examples. I know Loras is probably gay but what about bi? or not gay and the whole Renly thing was mis direction. Just look at them. They look more alike then Cersei and Jaime. Loras is super young for KG just like Jaime. He joined the KG to be with his sis and defend her from an abusive king(joff) just like Jaime. Jaime even thinks "I'm looking at me" because he was exactly like that when he joined the KG They are sooo similar. I can't think of any other comparisons between Marge and Cersei but they are there. I think it is very likely she is sleeping with Loras.

I won't accept Margaery sleeping with Loras because they're both 'good' and family. If it was Loras I don't think she'd still be taking moon tea, he's been gone for quite some time, but maybe I'm missing something there. I won't believe it 'til I see more proof.

I believe it's Alla, she's the only one that wasn't questioned or examined. The only corroborating proof I'd have is that they all make a point of mentioning her shyness and that Margaery is fond of her cousins.

The thing I keep remembering about Margaery is that they always say she's got so many people, from cousins to knights hanging around. Surely if she was sneaking off Osney or someone would have noticed. He was watching her if you'll remember. If she had a secret lover at any recent point in the book he'd surely have seen something strange going on.

Unless it's Pycelle that's sleeping with Margaery? No I'm just kidding about that and I have to wash my mind out with soap now.

Well, if you want to really stretch it, perhaps Margaery asked for it knowing full well that it would get back to Cersei, forcing her hand, and eventually lead to Cersei's downfall. And mayhaps Loras isn't hurt at all, and will come riding in perfectly fine to defend his sister in any trial!!

Believe it or not I have thought of this theory and do support it.

Taena was strategically placed while ridding Cersei of her last faithful servant and has been reporting everything to Margaery :P

We already know the Tyrell women have the game down pat and Cersei isnt the hardest woman to figure out.

They knew everything she would accuse Margaery of because they know everything that Cersei has done ;)

All they had to do was toss Cersei a little help and watch her plot all of her own sins on Margaery.

Example:Cersei believes Margaery and Loras are sleeping together because Jaime and her did!

Archived