Will Jaime and Tyrion be dead by the end of the books?

OberynBlackfyre

I still can't believe so many people are so sure that Jaime will be the valonqar. I am not going to say I'm sure that he isn't, per se, but I think it's far less of a certain thing than it is portrayed at on this board. I would actually be surprised if it worked out that way. It's just tacky, people. She is still the mother of his children, and his brother already murdered HIS lover. Too much.

I still can't believe so many people are so sure that Jaime will be the valonqar. I am not going to say I'm sure that he isn't, per se, but I think it's far less of a certain thing than it is portrayed at on this board. I would actually be surprised if it worked out that way. It's just tacky, people. She is still the mother of his children, and his brother already murdered HIS lover. Too much.

:agree:

Plus it doesn't do his character development into a decent moral human being any good whatsoever. If he did kill her, it would be out of hatred for something she did, whether it be something to do with the children or her infidelities. It would follow his story arc far better if he was to do something to prevent the prophecy and find a way of saving Cersei from herself. But that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Maybe, but they will die by natural causes or only ally's poison or something within their House. They aren't Starks; GRRM only gives Starks violent deaths and saves Lannister ass all the time.

1. Joffrey was given such a violent death his neck turned purple

2. Tywin was shot in the groin by his own son

3. Kevan was killed by a crossbow in the same way, because Varys found it 'poetic'

4. Pycelle (not Lannister but might as well be) was murdered at the same time as Kevan too.

Added to the 'handless and noseless' Lannister brothers, I think they've had an equal amount to the Starks.

Added to the 'handless and noseless' Lannister brothers, I think they've had an equal amount to the Starks.

Not to mention that Myrcella has been injured (permanently disfigured?) down in Dorne.

Ned, Catelyn and Rob ... Tywin, Kevan and Joffrey. Three Starks dead, and three Lannisters. I don't see how GRRM is 'saving Lannister ass all the time'.

Not to mention that Myrcella has been injured (permanently disfigured?) down in Dorne.

Ned, Catelyn and Rob ... Tywin, Kevan and Joffrey. Three Starks dead, and three Lannisters. I don't see how GRRM is 'saving Lannister ass all the time'.

Isn't it strange how losing your swordhand, assassinated by your dwarf son while in the privy, poisoned by your grandmother in law on your weddind day, being disfigured by a crazy knight, being shot by an eunuch, being forced to walk naked in KL and losing your dignity and self respect, becoming a slave can be interpreted as luck.

Isn't it strange how losing your swordhand, assassinated by your dwarf son while in the privy, poisoned by your grandmother in law on your weddind day, being disfigured by a crazy knight, being shot by an eunuch, being forced to walk naked in KL and losing your dignity and self respect, becoming a slave can be interpreted as luck.

Fact is the Lannisters would've lost the war and all of them would've died way back in ACOK if not for the extreme stroke of luck which was the shadow baby. So, yeah, they were lucky.

Fact is the Lannisters would've lost the war and all of them would've died way back in ACOK if not for the extreme stroke of luck which was the shadow baby. So, yeah, they were lucky.

Yes, they were as lucky as King Pyrrhus.

"Another such victory over the Romans, and we are undone." From PLUTARCH, Lives, Pyrrhus, sec. 21

Archived