Will Jaime and Tyrion be dead by the end of the books?

OberynBlackfyre

Jaime will not die by Lady Stoneheart. I am fairly sure he will still be alive by the end of the books, actually.

As for Tyrion I'm not sure.. Would GRRM dare to kill off his own favourite character? Would he do that to himself, like he has done it to a lot of us? ;) It would be the ultimate irony of course.

I want Jaime on the Wall. I want Tyrion slowly turning into a rock as he sits atop the Rock he gained through treachery and deceit, and good old sister-rape.

haha that's brutal. I see more Tyrion on the wall though. He has already expressed "good" memories from it and such, and I think he would do good there....but him having greyscale is still not counted out though

I don't know if GRRM is biased kind of dude but if he is then Tyrion may survive the series. If Tyrion dies then I think Jaime will survive. It's either Jaime or Tyrion.

I'm leaning on Tyrion surviving. I get the feeling he's coming back to Westeros with the Second Sons and then Bronn with his new status will help probably help him out. Tyrion may restore House Lannister by himself (no idea how) which will be ironic since Tywin tried so HARD to do keep it that way but it crumbled with his death.

I really like Jaime but his Kingslayer rep which he'll never escape is going to catch up to him. Plus he has serious karma waiting for him after pushing Bran out the window unless you don't count his sword hand getting chopped off...

I want Jaime on the Wall. I want Tyrion slowly turning into a rock as he sits atop the Rock he gained through treachery and deceit, and good old sister-rape.

Wait what?

Tyrion is a survivor, I think he regains Casterly Rock. Jamie I think dies but not when he faces Lady Stoneheart, hopefully Brienne does us all a favor and beheads her, thus saving Jamie.

I think it's a coin flip on both of them - they both have invested narratives but they could be ended pretty shortly. Tyrion has to at least get to meet Dany, but after that I suspect he's fair game. Jaime I just can't see dying at Lady Stoneheart's hands immediately, it would be too anticlimactic for everyone involved, and I think Brienne won't let it happen.

That being said, if they are killed off, I'd expect some literary fireworks to be attached.

Anyway, it's just as easy to picture them both standing when the smoke clears.

ps. just reading AFFC today and Jaime smashing Red Ronnet Connington in the mouth for disrespecting Brienne was an awesome moment.

So we know that truly no main character, or quirky favorite characters are safe within the series. We have seen people accomplish great tasks just to die right after. Other characters stabbed, or hanged, or maimed.

I don't know. I think Dany will keep her plot armor until the end of the story.

I think it's a coin flip on both of them - they both have invested narratives but they could be ended pretty shortly. Tyrion has to at least get to meet Dany, but after that I suspect he's fair game. Jaime I just can't see dying at Lady Stoneheart's hands immediately, it would be too anticlimactic for everyone involved, and I think Brienne won't let it happen.

That being said, if they are killed off, I'd expect some literary fireworks to be attached.

Anyway, it's just as easy to picture them both standing when the smoke clears.

ps. just reading AFFC today and Jaime smashing Red Ronnet Connington in the mouth for disrespecting Brienne was an awesome moment.

I agree with the Red Ronnet happening. I can say that Jaime went from being one of the characters I hated to now one of my top five. I am enjoying his story of redemption very much. I enjoy the way he treats with Tytos, and the Blackfysh. I think his character enrichment second only to Sansa's.

I also think it's kind of a coin toss, yet I feel GRRM will kill Tyrion just to prove he ISN'T biased. For an author to be biased of a character would be a huge mark on his honor in the literary world. That being said, it doesn't mean Tyrion HAS to die or GRRM is biased, it just means he can't have a perfect ending. Unless he dies valiantly .

The Jaime/Stoneheart parallel is awesome because you have a person who previously was bloodthirsty and had no honor becoming an honorable and just person, against a person who was previously just and honorable who is now corrupt, full of hate, and worried about vengeance not justice. I think Jaime and Brienne will somehow get sucked into the outlaws plan. Maybe Jaime will save his own skin by bringing down the Freys? But in the end, I think he will be the end of Stoneheart

I don't know. I think Dany will keep her plot armor until the end of the story.

well she's being kinda knocked around right now. Bloody flux is upon her, and she is barren. It's not like she has been untouched....i think her anguish has just been more mental than physical.

Wait what?

Tyrion is a survivor, I think he regains Casterly Rock. Jamie I think dies but not when he faces Lady Stoneheart, hopefully Brienne does us all a favor and beheads her, thus saving Jamie.

I was referencing Tyrion possibly having greyscale and turning into a rock from the inside out. I don't really hate him at all, I just didn't like the way he treated those slave girls in Dance. His incoming advice sessions with Dany don't promise too much for me but we'll see how they pan out. I'd love to see Stoneheart go in the way you describe, only then she would be the same type of oathbreaker she was chastising Jaime for being all throughout A Storm of Swords.

Agreed, but I prefer Nymeria and her pack to deal with the Freys over Lady Stoneheart.

No, I want Lady Stoneheart to hang the Freys responsible for the Red Wedding and I want her to lower her hood and look them in the eyes as they hang so that every last man guilty looks into the face of justice as he dies.

I was referencing Tyrion possibly having greyscale and turning into a rock from the inside out. I don't really hate him at all, I just didn't like the way he treated those slave girls in Dance. His incoming advice sessions with Dany don't promise too much for me but we'll see how they pan out. I'd love to see Stoneheart go in the way you describe, only then she would be the same type of oathbreaker she was chastising Jaime for being all throughout A Storm of Swords.

LOL no the sister rape part threw me off. I like Tyrion but I must admit he is a bit self absorbed and his mouth gets him into things situations that he has no business being in, but it has also saved him as well. I look forward to him meeting Dany as well, it will be interesting how that plays out. He has to prove his worth because I think she is his way to claiming Casterly Rock from Cersei. Not a fan of Lady Stoneheart at all, I feel like she is one big interruption.

I honestly don't expect either to survive, though I'd prefer Jaime over Tyrion for survival. A perfect ending for Jaime I want is him wandering the world with Brienne (as friends, not lovers), while he raises Myrcella and Tommen. They leave all the politics behind, and find whats really important. Corny, and almost completely impossible, but still....

No, I want Lady Stoneheart to hang the Freys responsible for the Red Wedding and I want her to lower her hood and look them in the eyes as they hang so that every last man guilty looks into the face of justice as he dies.

Well when you put it that way then I'm in, but I want to pack to get in on the action too.

I honestly don't expect either to survive, though I'd prefer Jaime over Tyrion for survival. A perfect ending for Jaime I want is him wandering the world with Brienne (as friends, not lovers), while he raises Myrcella and Tommen. They leave all the politics behind, and find whats really important. Corny, and almost completely impossible, but still....

I've had that same idea except without Tommen and Myrcella. I think those two kids are toast lol. If Jaime survives the story I know for sure it isn't going to be as Lord Lannister, he's gonna travel maybe with Brienne or not.

haha I honestly thought of this as well, but sadly I think either Myrcella or Tommen is going to die.....I am leaning more towards Tommen simply because he is more innocent and because he currently has a lot of enemies growing around him.....

Archived