Fights that would have been LEGEN.....(wait for it).....DARY

Spotted Cat

There aren't enough goats.

I'd like to see Khal Drogo versus Someone Random Sending Him a Raven

Drogo opens the message, cuts himself on the paper, it gets infected, he dies.

The Queen of Thornes vs. The Ghost of Highheart, in order to include geriatrics in the festivities.

Now wait...who's signed their DNR/DNI and is acting power of attorney :laugh:

Stannis vs. Roose, while the Battle for Winterfell is raging in the background. :bowdown: :fencing:

Yes. This would be a superb one....perhaps it has a slight chance of happening. Given how the tv seris had Stannis fight at the Blackwater, it would be interesting to see him duel Bolton onscreen, especially if they showed Roose dying to a sword which strangely radiates various colored light.

Several other good matches listed on this thread.

The Mountain against a large slew of characters: Jaime, Arthur Dayne, Robert Baratheon, Khal Drogo, Syrio, Sandor

Syrio against virtually any high tier duelist, including Drogo

Oberyn against most of the above; especially Jaime or Robert Baratheon

Mance versus any of the above. Particularly Mance against one of the Daynes, Barristan, Victarion, or Oberyn.

Victarion in his present state against the above as well

It would be interesting to see Khal Drogo's belief that he could prevail against anyone put to the test against Westeros's most formidable combatants.

Most individuals/things versus Qyburn's abomination, RS.

Varys vs LF in either scheming or in a duel-like trial of physical combat.

Mesliandre or Moqorro vs either Roose or Ramsay

I think Bronn is a bit overrated, so: Jaime Lannister vs Oberyn Martell. This would have been really legendary.

I think the word "bit" is seriously overrated in this post.

He's very overrated. I know, I fought him once for a bowl of soup. I won, but gave him some soup anyways because that's just how I roll.

The mountain vs Khal Drogo (if drogo wore Armour)

Jamie and King Robert (before king Robert got fat)

Barristan selmey Vs Arthur Dayne

Lores vs Jamie (sword fight not jousting)

What else and more importantly who would win?

Loras vs. Jaime would be an absolute blowout, Jaime would kill him within seconds

Jon Snow vs. Loras Tyrell (swords not Joust) - I'm going with Jon

Garlan vs. Tumco Lho

Jaime vs. Garlan

Barristan vs. Dayne vs. Dragonknight vs. Daemon Blackfyre vs. Cregan Stark (any combination of these fighters would be amazing)

The Mountain vs. The Hound vs. The Greatjon vs. Victorian Greyjoy vs. Robert Baratheon (any combination of these fighers would be amazing)

Bronn vs. Darkstar vs. Daario vs. Lyn Corbray

Shagga vs. Biter

Mance Rayder vs. The Halfhand

Rhegar vs. Brandon Stark

Garlan vs. Tumco Lho

Ted: Wow, that one was unexpected. What did you think of that one, Larry? A bit of a surprise, right? I mean Tumco Lho...credit for digging deep and all, but that one was from the cheap seats, don't you think Larry?

Shiela: I'm not Larry.

Ted: Wow, that one was unexpected. What did you think of that one, Larry? A bit of a surprise, right? I mean Tumco Lho...credit for digging deep and all, but that one was from the cheap seats, don't you think Larry?

Shiela: I'm not Larry.

Just wait, that guy is going to be a monster. Barristan believes he's the best natural swordsman he's seen since Jaime Lannister. There are huge wars coming on that side of the world. By the time they turn their sails for Westeros Tum might be the one of if not the best swordsman in the series.

I think the word "bit" is seriously overrated in this post.

He's very overrated. I know, I fought him once for a bowl of soup. I won, but gave him some soup anyways because that's just how I roll.

Honestly I don't think Bronn is "overrated". I personally think the Westerosi knights are overrated. One thing that Martin seems to be constantly showing us is that no one no matter how good a swordsman is he isn't unstoppable and many who get their reputations fighting in the lists and tourneys are no better than sellswords and other toughs.

Look at Brienne for example, not given any credit but she has proven to be a sick fighter, Mance Rayder, Areo Hotah, or Rolly Duckfield who is apparently now a knight but was a lowborn smith that just happened to run away into the right situation.

Oberyn won a duel when he was young because he used poison, then he worked as a sellsword for years. Bronn has proven himself by killing two knights (the first one the captain of the household Arryn guard wasn't even close) and many clan mountain raiders. Oberyn crowning achievement in the books is outclassing Gregor Clegane but it's interesting to note that the tactic he uses is the exact same to the one Bronn described when talking about what he would do if fighting the Mountain.

Just wait, that guy is going to be a monster. Barristan believes he's the best natural swordsman he's seen since Jaime Lannister. There are huge wars coming on that side of the world. By the time they turn their sails for Westeros Tum might be the one of if not the best swordsman in the series.

Could be, absolutely. Though if I were a betting man I'd wager he's more likely to be _____.

Honestly I don't think Bronn is "overrated". I personally think the Westerosi knights are overrated. One thing that Martin seems to be constantly showing us is that no one no matter how good a swordsman is he isn't unstoppable and many who get their reputations fighting in the lists and tourneys are no better than sellswords and other toughs.

Look at Brienne for example, not given any credit but she has proven to be a sick fighter, Mance Rayder, Areo Hotah, or Rolly Duckfield who is apparently now a knight but was a lowborn smith that just happened to run away into the right situation.

Oberyn won a duel when he was young because he used poison, then he worked as a sellsword for years. Bronn has proven himself by killing two knights (the first one the captain of the household Arryn guard wasn't even close) and many clan mountain raiders. Oberyn crowning achievement in the books is outclassing Gregor Clegane but it's interesting to note that the tactic he uses is the exact same to the one Bronn described when talking about what he would do if fighting the Mountain.

Just as a forinstance, Varis Egen wouldn't have fought Bron that way if he weren't being forced to chase him by the screaming Arryns. It's not like knights never face more lightly armored foes; in fact that's mostly who they face. It's not meant to be an equalizer, it's meant to be an advantage. As Jorah and Barristan show, there is a way you fight foes who are less armored than yourself; you either wait them out and force them to come to you, nullifying their advantage, or you corner them off like a heavy puncher in the boxing ring. You don't chase them around rhe Eyrie, and the repeated cries for Egen to do just that would suggest he wasn't until forced.

Archived