Ice and Fire Forum App Goes Free

Westeros

For those of you who’d like to more easily browse the A Song of Ice and Fire forum on your mobile iOs device, some good news: Invision has now made their Invision Power Board app entirely free of cost.

It works both for the ASoIaF forum and any other Invision Power Board-based forum (at least those that are upgraded to IPB 3—possibly it’ll work with IPB 2 forums as well), and is quite easy to use.

And if you want something a bit more fully featured, or your mobile device runs Android or Blackberry, there’s Tapatalk. It supports a wide variety of forums, so long as they have the Tapatalk plugin installed (as we do). The app itself costs a small fee, but we have a number of forum members who enjoy it, so it’ worth a try if the IPB app isn’t to your taste or not available for your device.

Visit the Site!

It can be tricky. Make sure that the username is your login name and not your display name (though it may be they're one of the same, I don't know). Also if for some reason you are messing up on the password, after three failed attempts it will lock you out for ten minutes (but not actually tell you this).

Downloaded Tapatalk yesterday, works really well. Although I noticed that my notifications for followed threads are still waiting for me on the website even though I have viewed them through Tapatalk. Not a deal breaker, but a bit of a nuisance to have to mark notifications "read" when they already have been...

Archived