Enough Already!

Winter's Knight

What ASoIaF related talking points make you groan? Which topic has been been hashed and rehashed enough times to make you scream? What misconception has been debunked more times than a politician's campaign promise?

From "Did Robert rape Cersei" to "Sansa should open her eyes and heart to Tyrion", from "Edmure holding Riverrun" to "Dany is fireproof" to "You're a secret Targ! And you're a secret Targ! Everyone's a secret Targ!" -what hoary old topic needs to die-in your opinion of course.

Personally, if I never again have to explain that Drogo raped Dany, it'd be too soon.

Note: I am talking about specific topics, rather than more general "X-Bashing" ones.

I'm a bit fed up with having to explain again and again that the TV show is not the same as the books. And that differences are not GRRM having realized that the story "should be rewritten that way" but that they are decided on by a TV crew in view of a TV audience (often against George's reservations).

I've seen an alarming number of theory topics recently that not only lack evidence, but seem to ignore basic chronology and common knowledge; ie; "Rhaegar is alive and is secretly character x" or "character Y is really Gerion Lannister, even though timelines make it impossible".

We call theories that have little evidence "crackpot". I propose a new catergory where not only is there no evidence, but loads of contradictory evidence, and we'd call them "crackpipe", because it might illuminate what's going on with the people proposing them.

They have died down recently but I have been pretty sick of the "Why does everyone love Stannis?" and "Why does everyone hate Dany?" threads which used to come up literally every week. They can be fun, and sometimes I love them, but not when they come up so frequently because the exact same arguments come up every time.

I'm a bit fed up with having to explain again and again that the TV show is not the same as the books. And that differences are not GRRM having realized that the story "should be rewritten that way" but that they are decided on by a TV crew in view of a TV audience (often against George's reservations).

I agree with this one!! Other then that the overrated threads, Robb and his lucky magic wolf, basically any where people look for answers and then dont take the ones you offer, no matter how concrete

I agree with this one!! Other then that the overrated threads, Robb and his lucky magic wolf, basically any where people look for answers and then dont take the ones you offer, no matter how concrete

Ah yes, the infamous, "I-asked-a-question-but-I've-alread-made-up-my-mind-and-nothing-you-can-say-will-change-it," threads! :P

Closely related is the argument that goes something like this:

"Why do you believe 'x'?"

"Because GRRM clearly said so, [posts SSM],"

"Well that was years ago he might have changed his mind."

I've seen an alarming number of theory topics recently that not only lack evidence, but seem to ignore basic chronology and common knowledge; ie; "Rhaegar is alive and is secretly character x" or "character Y is really Gerion Lannister, even though timelines make it impossible".

We call theories that have little evidence "crackpot". I propose a new catergory where not only is there no evidence, but loads of contradictory evidence, and we'd call them "crackpipe", because it might illuminate what's going on with the people proposing them.

I love this! :D

What ASoIaF related talking points make you groan? Which topic has been been hashed and rehashed enough times to make you scream? What misconception has been debunked more times than a politician's campaign promise?

-Sansa caused Ned's death

-Cat singlehandedly caused the WotFK

-Benjen and/or Ned (possibly together) inseminated Lyanna

-Aegon is actually Rhaegar's son

-Jon is dead

-Nedbert detractors

Topics we don't have enough attention to in my opinion:

-the fools of ASOIAF

-"Why Mance is better than your favorite character" threads

- more threads on why Bowen Marsh is "a scum"

Ach, I forgot to mention the "Everyone's a bastard born of incest"-Jon=Lyanna+Benjen/Ned/Brandon, Robb,Sansa,Bran and Rickon=Cat+Edmure. I am just thankful that there are no Baratheon sisters.

-Sansa caused Ned's death

-Cat singlehandedly caused the WotFK

-Benjen and/or Ned (possibly together) inseminated Lyanna

-Aegon is actually Rhaegar's son

-Jon is dead

-Nedbert detractors

Topics we don't have enough attention to in my opinion:

-the fools of ASOIAF

-"Why Mance is better than your favorite character" threads

- more threads on why Bowen Marsh is "a scum"

:love:

Oh and the Tywin didnt start the war he just finished it line bugs me aswel. Tywin sends troops into peaceful lands to start the war, and he never finishes it as on his death there were still two other kings in the realm, not to mention the Queen accross the Sea

Sansa + Sandor. Please, just no more. I'll even concede to let Brienne die if SanSan will GO AWAY!!!!

Oh your gunna get into trouble for this one.....i feel the same way about another ship but dont wanna get given out to about it...

Archived