Enough Already!

Winter's Knight

I get irritated when people ignore (or, seem to not be aware of the fact) that *everything that happens in these books is presented to us through the POV of a different very non-impartial character*.

A good example of this is how Cersei told Tyrion that Sansa spilled all the beans, *before* Tyrion clued Cersei in to the fact that he was onto her and Jaime. But CERSEI said it to Tyrion! So it MUST be gospel truth!

-Sansa caused Ned's death

-Cat singlehandedly caused the WotFK

-Benjen and/or Ned (possibly together) inseminated Lyanna

-Aegon is actually Rhaegar's son

-Jon is dead

-Nedbert detractors

Topics we don't have enough attention to in my opinion:

-the fools of ASOIAF

-"Why Mance is better than your favorite character" threads

- more threads on why Bowen Marsh is "a scum"

Agreed on all points. Especially on Mance. I miss Fassreiter...

SYRIO LIVES!

SYRIO IS JAQEN!

What on earth do you mean!?

Let's debate the unambigous evidence that Jaquen is indeed Syrio one more time. I'm sure we can squeeze a fresh idea out of it if we try really hard.

The x is a Faceless man theories are the best! :unsure:

Any thread on a Lannister being a Targ which replies on an excessively literal interpretation of words that are clearly meant not literally - i.e. "Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you."

As said above, threads that contradict basic and unambiguous facts. No, Ned Dayne is not Rhaegar & Lyanna's son, since he was born 5-6 years after they both died. Things like this come up all the time. Again, sometimes this has to do with literal interpretation of things like him and Jon being milk brothers. I try to be charitable b/c some of this may have to do with people reading in different language, but it's still frustrating.

Similarly, theories that have obviously not been thought through or founded on a deep reading of the books. Someone posted a theory on who the Hooded Man was but he didn't even have the name of the character he was proposing as the HM right! (trying not to be too specific). I mean, if you don't even know this guy's name, maybe you need to go back and re-read before you start using him in your theory.

I also can not take it when people bring up things that happened on the show on the book forum. It's nice that George is involved but it's clear from interviews/comments that they do things he hasn't approved and would not approve, although they certainly consult him with a lot more than most shows would in similar circumstances.

Any thread on a Lannister being a Targ which replies on an excessively literal interpretation of words that are clearly meant not literally - i.e. "Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you."

This!

And the 'Jaime is the volanqar' threads. I am fed up of hearing about it. I have even got to the point where I don't care if he is or he isn't.

Also get sick of how every damn thread about Jaime goes back to whether or not he needs redemption, even one of my own creation (which I let die).

Agreed on all points. Especially on Mance. I miss Fassreiter...

Actually, Tagganaro and I have been meaning to make a comprehensive Mance retrospective for like the last 5 months, lol. There's just too much "data" to collect. But right before I lost power, Dr P and I started an OP about fools, so we'll try to post that one soon.

Bumps: you should create that "Mance Could Beat Up All your Favourite Characters With A Lute" thread.

Yea, the aforementioned thread-in-progress was pretty much that as Tag and I had discussed it. Maybe I should just compile the 200 PMs on this subject and turn that into the OP.

Also, we need another thread like Nedbert.

Yea, the aforementioned thread-in-progress was pretty much that as Tag and I had discussed it. Maybe I should just compile the 200 PMs on this subject and turn that into the OP.

Yes please!

Also, we need another thread like Nedbert.

I did try. :(

The sharp smell of cooking onions wafted through the castle, pricking tears from the icy eyes of Stannis Baratheon. After all these years, it still drew the same memory...

They had eaten the last of the dogs days ago. The men were growing restless, the women ill and the children wouldn't stop wailing. The Tyrells waiting outside his gates, well fed and ready to pounce,his garrisons hungry and ripe for treason . The septon had urged him to pray, to beseech the gods for a miracle, Cresswen had urged surrender and he had denied them both, sentencing them all to a slow, painful death.

Then he came. Davos Seaworth with his plain face and plainer food, more welcome than the Maid herself would have been at that hour. He brought them onions and potatoes, salted beef and hope. Most of all, he brought Stannis victory, and a friend dearer than his wife and closer than his brothers, the one man who would always be loyal. Stannis would make him a lord but Davos would make him a king.

He inhaled the sharp, wholesome fragrance. The scent of onions, the scent of hope.

The scent of Davos.

The above is a little homage I scribbled to honour Stavos and this

The dynamic the two share makes me happy. :wub:

It also made me feel we need a thread devoted to the two.

Psst, Dr Pepper, this was the best I could do.

I don't mind people believing theories, no matter how unconvincing they may be, such Illyrio is Rhaegar

I don't mind people claiming that any or all of Joanna's children are Aerys'

I don't mind people thinking that Varys helps the Targaryens and that Aegon is/isn't fake.

But i think that I had enough of the possible identities os Septa Lemore: Lyanna, Ashara, Tyene's mother...For once I want a randon character to be just a random character

"Who is the best fighter/swordsman of Westeros?" I can't stand these ones

Those are particularly galling, I have to agree. On a related note, the "Ned is as good a swordsman as Arthur Dayne/Barristan Selmy and better than Jaime Lannister," arguments which seem to be based on no evidence whatsoever.

Threads in which the OP declares that he or she knows the theory they are putting forward is crackpot: 'Hey guys here's my crackpot theory haha I know it's stupid haha hear me out im probably wrong haha'. Stand by it dammit.

Littlefinger hate threads are getting old. We get it, he's the love child of Hitler and Stalin, empty inside, makes babies cry, and in a place where we can conveniently look down on him from a moral standpoint.

"Who is the best fighter/swordsman of Westeros?" I can't stand these ones

I'd prefer 'who is overrated' threads!

Archived