Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

berserkergnome

Longclaw replica

11 posts in this topic

300 dollars? I will melt the cents that make up that sum of money and forge the damn thing.

Eh, search google for

L6|banite tachi forum

or

L6|banite katana forum

and witness the sad sights that transpire

300 dollars? I will melt the cents that make up that sum of money and forge the damn thing.

:agree:

What makes that ebay ad worse is the fact that you can buy Longclaw on Valyriansteel.com for $240.00.

All too true. Once a very hot collectible (in whatever genre)--like both versions of Longclaw and the stainless steel version of Ice (as three examples)--have gone OP, their Collector Prices *always* double or triple *immediately," and then they continue to go up from there; it's the Law of Supply and Demand. And Ice and Fire is certainly hot by anyone's standards.

I know because I'm a longtime collector (in many different diciplines), including genre swords and knives (AKA "wallhangers").

BTW, this specific thread has been discussed extensively under "The Objects of Ice and Fire" topic in the event anyone would like to read more.

Longclaw is currently at $673.00 and counting, with five days still to go as I post this. My guess: $800.00+...but the sky may also be the limit.