Alternative Histories

Mallister

One of my favorite things to do in this series is to create alternative histories based on events that didnt happen in the books, or based off of what I think will happen later in the series. For example my favorite one that I've created is an alternate history based off of if Stannis had no access to magic, and Renly won his battle with his brother. I have an entire line of Kings starting with Renly, all the way through to 90 years later the 8 year old king Devan Baratheon.

I was just wondering if anybody else here created alternate histories and would like to share them here. I'll make an effort to share mine if enough interest is shown.

That happened in mine too, with Renly sennding an army across the Narrow Sea in an Alliance with Volantis and Tyrosh to defeat Daenerys(who came to Westeros, fought the Others and then was forced to flee due to being grossly outnumbered). Aegon met up with Dany and had 3 sons who grew to adulthood by the time Renly sent the Army and they rode the dragons, due to Aegon's premature death and Dany's advanced age. Let's just say Rickon, Edric Storm, Loras Tyrell and a few invented characters played a huge part in the death of the dragons.

That happened in mine too, with Renly sennding an army across the Narrow Sea in an Alliance with Volantis and Tyrosh to defeat Daenerys(who came to Westeros, fought the Others and then was forced to flee due to being grossly outnumbered). Aegon met up with Dany and had 3 sons who grew to adulthood by the time Renly sent the Army and they rode the dragons, due to Aegon's premature death and Dany's advanced age. Let's just say Rickon, Edric Storm, Loras Tyrell and a few invented characters played a huge part in the death of the dragons.

That's pretty cool, I also included a part when one of Dany's grandsons kills the last Bolton who had been hiding north of the Wall

Haha nice, they definitey have it coming. I'm not the biggest Targaryen fan, but you'll be happy to know they at least managed to survive until 1 year before Devan becomes king until the last Targaryen Maekar is killed by the man who starts the "Baratheon Blackfyre Rebellion" (not the real name but just what I'm referring to it as)

Haha nice, they definitey have it coming. I'm not the biggest Targaryen fan, but you'll be happy to know they at least managed to survive until 1 year before Devan becomes king until the last Targaryen Maekar is killed by the man who starts the "Baratheon Blackfyre Rebellion" (not the real name but just what I'm referring to it as)

What causes your 'Baratheon Blackfyre Rebellion'?

Pretty much Devan's great-uncle King Harrold has 3 bastard sons who he legitimizes due to having no other children, but the youngest kills a lord while on a mission from his father and is sent into exile by his father. The two oldest then begin planning an expedition to kill the last Targaryen behind their father's back even though the king strictly forbid any attempt to kill the boy because he is only 12 years old. Harrold discovers the plot and the two bastards escape into exile before the expedition can be stopped and proceed to kill Maekar Targaryen and take Braavos. Harrold dies soon after due to stress/depression/old age and is succeeded by his nephew Steffon. Four years later Steffon is assasinated and succeeded by the child Devan as Antario storm(the eldest) lands with a large fleet made up of exiles, sellswords and Pentoshi/Braavosi soldiers.

Pretty much Devan's great-uncle King Harrold has 3 bastard sons who he legitimizes due to having no other children, but the youngest kills a lord while on a mission from his father and is sent into exile by his father. The two oldest then begin planning an expedition to kill the last Targaryen behind their father's back even though the king strictly forbid any attempt to kill the boy because he is only 12 years old. Harrold discovers the plot and the two bastards escape into exile before the expedition can be stopped and proceed to kill Maekar Targaryen and take Braavos. Harrold dies soon after due to stress/depression/old age and is succeeded by his nephew Steffon. Four years later Steffon is assasinated and succeeded by the child Devan as Antario storm(the eldest) lands with a large fleet made up of exiles, sellswords and Pentoshi/Braavosi soldiers.

Wow. That's pretty detailed.

Yeah. I'm a big fan of history (both in real life and in the series) so in my free time I just make up names and this slowly built up. I just wanted to know if anyone else does this or I just have the most free time in the world ever.

hahaha - I wish I had enough free time to do this

And if I had, I would probably also draw maps (I loooove maps), of Asshai or far-flung places like that

You should post your alternative histories on this forum (not sure where) - people would be interested to see what people come up with!

It actually takes less time than you think. Usually before I go to bed i'll just toss names and ideas around and next thing you know they got written down and piled together. And gradually expanded. Also if i'm feeling ambitious enough I will post the whole timeline. but i would have no idea where to put it. haha

• 9 months later...

I've thought of a couple, both about changes of events from before the book. One is sort of hackneyed, but it has Rhaegar killing Robert instead of the other way around. I've even kept in the Maggy the Frog prophecy. Elia dies, Cersei marries Rhaegar, the six and ten for him are Aegon (6 years old) and Rhaenys (10 years old) and her three die young with golden curls upon their heads (crowns) and golden funeral shrouds. A lot of other things happen that are key to the original story, but happen in very different ways, its still in progress. I also just started an alternate in which Aegon I and Orys Baratheon have a falling out, leading Aegon to aid Volantis in retaking the Free Cities and becoming the Emperor of New Valyria. About 280 years later after much blood and fire on Essos, Imperial Prince Rhaegar, of a lesser branch of the main Targaryen line, begins his conquest of the Seven Kingdoms.

Archived