If you had to add a POV...

OberynBlackfyre

whose would you add, and why??

My own personal choice would be Tywin. I think he died with very little known about his actual person. I would have found it interesting to see his emotions towards his children, towards women and maybe even some memories he had.

I would have added quite a few point of views. There are so many characters I would love to hear from.

First would be Robb. It would have been interesting to see the war from his point of view.

Second would be Sandor. I just love him.

Third would be one of the Tyrells. Preferably either Margaery or Olenna. I would love to know what's going on in their heads.

Robb seems like an obvious answer.

Maybe Barristan the Badass? I think one of the Tyrells might be interesting too; Margaery or Olenna or ...

I know! A wildling would be great. We could really get to know more about life north of the Wall and how it is living with the very real threat of the Others.

Robb during his battles.

Tywin not so much, hes always presented as this larger than life almost mythical figure in other POVs, but the closer we get to him we see hes just a man. I think povs would further dillute his legend.

Varys & LF would be great but they know so much dirt that they would spoil mysteries.

Stannis would be good just to see if he really is buying into his own hype (Does he seriously think hes AA? Does he truly not want to be King?)

I would like to read a Margaery POV chapter to see just how much her pleasant, perfect and naive exterior is just a facade. Or if it actually is how she is and is just incredibly repressed (breaking out of her strict rules of behaviour in secret as a release).

I love Stannis, but I don't think he really hides much. It seems like he's pretty up front about most things.

I would love to see a Jaqen chapter. I want to know if he's truly nobody or if he still has memories and feelings from before he became a faceless man. Plus, it might let us find out why he was in that cell and what his mission is (and why the hell he's probably at the citadel).

I would also quite like another Melisandre chapter, though I'm pretty sure that'll be coming.

I think a Frey would have been interesting especially just before/during and after the RW.

I liked Merrett's chapter (before Cat killed him :( )

and I think either Roslin/Olivyar or another 'nice' sympathetic Frey would be insightful

I Olyvar think could be very interesting too. You'd get both an inside look of the Freys and another perspective on Robb

Stannis would be good just to see if he really is buying into his own hype (Does he seriously think hes AA? Does he truly not want to be King?)

Stannis would be great. He's a character who seems pretty straight forward at first glance (law above all) but he ends up doing some things he's really conflicted about.

I think Margery would be a pretty awesome POV...plus it would create a parallel between her and Cersei even more so.

I like the idea of a wilding POV as well, simply because I would want to see how things are unraveling in their eyes....Val I think would be a hilarious yet strong POV that would show a very different tune to what is going on, especially what they have seen before getting to the Wall and such

The most important for me would be Howland Reed.... We would get answers about lyanna's death (jon's parents) and the tower of joy.

I'd much rather read a chapter with another POV having that talk with Howland Reed. What would he have to offer besides clearing up all the speculation about TOJ?

I don't know if I'd add anyone. The most interesting characters are the ones who are mysterious. With characters like Littlefinger and Varys, it is much more interesting and more of a surprise when you don't know their next move. However, I would like to see a Ramsay prologue/epilogue where he gets killed, brutally...

I think it would be useful having a POV in the Tyrell camp, but again, its nice not knowing what they have in mind.

strike Bronze Yohn and put in Lyn Corbray......THAT would be interesting haha

Definitely Lyn Corbray. I would love to have a perspective on what went on in the Vale, getting more insight into the conflict between the lords who wanted to support Robb and Lady Lysa.

It wouldn't have to be more than a few chapters, though, or it'd probably get boring.

strike Bronze Yohn and put in Lyn Corbray......THAT would be interesting haha

Hmm i dunno... could be awkward when Lyn gets his weekly delivery of boys.....Edmure could be an interesting perspective, or if not Robb the BF

Robb during his battles.

Tywin not so much, hes always presented as this larger than life almost mythical figure in other POVs, but the closer we get to him we see hes just a man. I think povs would further dillute his legend.

Varys & LF would be great but they know so much dirt that they would spoil mysteries.

I agree partially with the Tywin as a "mythical figure", but GRRM is so good at creating balance and dispelling these kind of things, that I think Tywin as a POV would give him much more of a human feel, possibly diving into some of his insecurities and such, or maybe even some of the hypocrisies he carried toward whores and people in general

:agree:

Also, Howland Reed and Bloodraven please. I JUST WANT TO KNOW THINGS!

I think that would be giving TOO much away...the whole exciting thing of the series is sometimes NOT knowing and having to guess what's going on....if everything is delivered to you on a silver platter, then things become boring.

Archived