Greyjoy and bran's last chapter!

Sarah Stark

I'll explain.

• Bran, Rickon, Hodor, Osha, Meera, Jojen Summer and Grey Wind escaped from Winterfell.
  • Theon set up a party to hunt to get them back.
  • The party couldn't find Bran & co., so Reek suggested Theon to do something we do not see on screen: he suggests to kill the Miller's boys instead.
  • In the meantime Bran & co. already returned to Winterfell (most likely during Theon's hunt) seeking shelter in the crypts.
  • Theon & co., return to Winterfell and hang the dead bodies on the walls pretending to be Bran and Rickon. After all, who would see the difference (a part from measter Luwin who saw the muscles in fake Bran's legs).
  • News arrives at Catelyn and Robb that Theon killed Bran and Rickon, who in fact are very much alive.
  • The Northerners gather a force to take back Winterfell, led by Rodrik Cassel.
  • Reek proposed to go to the Dreadfort and come back with an army (of his former 'master' Ramsay, Roose's bastard).
  • Ser Rodrik arrived at Winterfell with his force, starting negotiations with Theon (who is being talked into joining the Night's Watch by maester Luwin).
  • Reek arrives again with his army, pretending to be Northeners. They meet on the battlefield with ser Rodrik, slaying them all by surpirse.
  • Reek & co. approach Winterfell, resulting in Theon opening the gates.
  • Reek reveals himself to be Ramsay Snow (who was assumed death), kicks Theon down and burns Winterfell to the ground.
  • Bran & co. exit the crypts and head north.

I hope it's clear now.

• 2 months later...

I'll explain.

• In the meantime Bran & co. already returned to Winterfell (most likely during Theon's hunt) seeking shelter in the crypts.

Actually they never really left Winterfell, they just sent the wolves away to make a trail. They explain it later when they (hmmm I'm not sure how much this qualifies as a spoiler since the whole thread is one) find Maester Luwin in the Godswood.

It wasn't very clear for me too. I understood that their was a trick somewhere but i didn't quite get it until the second or third time, and listening to a podcast :P I'll just say that not having english as your main language can complicate these books a bit.

• 1 month later...

Archived