Who will Arya be sent to assasinate?

TheeMikeHoncho

No, he wants Cersei IN, as she is making such a nice mess of everything. That is why he killed Pycelle and Kevan.

Anyway I guess Arya will go rogue sooner or later. But maybe first she'll find out "the truth" about FM, about "Jaqen's" mission - or part of it. The other part will be learned by Sam.

Possibly, but why even let her? And there's the possibility she'll lose the trial by combat too, although I doubt Varys has left anything to chance in his planning.

With Cersei dead, and no one else with a semblance of loyalty to House Lannister left to school Tommen in KL, Varys would be well placed when the Targ forces come calling.

Just a notion. May be completely wrong. Either way, I'll enjoy reading how all this plays out when WoW is finally published.

I do not know if anyone has said this but I will say:

Varys, and I would say Dany but she's all crazy out in the desert!

everyone on her hit list is dead except for Cersei, but she has been marginalized, plus she is still in training & that would be too easy

The FM wouldn't send Arya after someone she actually wants to kill or knows (Cersei for example or anyone else on her list). Further, who is going to pay the FM to kill someone? FM don't do it for money generally. Finally, does George make this sort of thing straight forward or a lot more complicated? There is no way George is going to directly send Arya back to Westeros to get involved with the "plot" of the story. I think it is far more likely that Arya doesn't get set to kill anyone in particular, but gets some additional information and bails on the FM.

My theory is that she kills some random people and completes her training. Meanwhile, Massey goes through Castle Black, finds out Jon is dead, then heads on to the Iron Bank to do his business. He easily could let Arya (indirectly) know that Jon was betrayed and killed by his own men, which seems enough to piss off Arya and send her on her merry way to avenge her half-brother.

or Tommen i suppose.

I have a feeling it is Tommen....but when it comes time...she won't be able to do it....and will turn to Cersi instead. Which will in turn end her membership in the FM....she will flee KL with Tommen as the shit hits the fan.

Although...she knows Tommen...or at least met him.

So there are two main developments expected in Arya's story:

1. she is sent to kill someone we know

2. she joins Justin Massey and returns to westeros

Are this two options mutually exclusive?

My suggestions:

1- Arya kills / tries to kill "someone we know" in Essos and then joins Massey (A list of victims is limited in this case - Danny, Tyrion, Barrystan, Illirio, - the first two I am sure will make it back to Westeros)

2 Most people suggest that Arya will join Massey after abandoning FM, what if she joins Massey expedition because FM will instruct her to do so?

or maybe they let her go back to westeros with Massey but she has to be like a sleeper cell, and one day they will tell her a name of person she has to kill

I suspect this someone will be someone that used to be dear to her or is dear to us

Are we sure there is no way FM will ask her to kill someone she used to know? maybe they make exceptions in the exceptional situation? (like someone has definitely to be killed and Arya is only FM available nearby)

Otherwise, the only really big character that is neither Arya's friend or enemy is Danny. but all this prophecies make me think that it will be Jon who kills Danny...

So who is left ? Tommen/Myrcella, Arianne and Sandsnakes, EURON

So who is left ? Tommen/Myrcella, Arianne and Sandsnakes, EURON

Asha. Even though he's theoretically gotten her out of the picture, she's still a threat to Euron. Erik Anvilbreaker is old, and the marriage was never consummated, and there's already a speculative connection between Euron and the FM through Balon's death/murder. Arya doesn't know Asha, and Justin Massey does. And now that Theon's in Stannis's camp, we may not really need Asha for the purposes of the story anymore.

oh come'on, guys!

Arya is going to kill Cersei..

Cersei would see her and think it's Lyanna brought up from the dead to hunt her.

and when Arya will pierce threw her she'll finally realize it's horse-face Arya, who become really pretty and more and more like Lyanna.

and then she'll cry about her Rhaegar the 10000th time, and die.

end of story :D

Ha ha Serf I think has it!

I think GRRM wouldn't have bothered having the whole Arya story arch if he wasn't going to include her in some pretty major way. Perhaps she might at a push kill Aegon. It's said he's fake, but I think Tyrell is going to march off to war with him, lose and leave nothing between Aegon and Cersei. Cersei than decides that all she can do is marry Aegon as a means of maintaining power, only to see him, be reminded of Rhaegar Targaryan and fall in love. It would then be fitting for Arya to come and snuff him out, just as Cersei finds love again. Followed by Daenarys Targaryan taking the kingdom.

That or Arya just kills Cersei like Serf said.

The issue of Gendry being mentioned is interesting, I think he will be found out as a Baratheon and end up with Daenarys, which Stannis would then bow down to (seeing him as more legitimate). But to be honest I'm not really sure and it's one of the threads where I can't really quite see how it will fit in. I think he will get found to be a descendant of Robert by the Brotherhood without Banners' and become the focus of their campaign, though what happens after is what I'm curious about.

It would seem most logical that somehow she'll end up targeting or assisting another FM in targeting Dany since many of the other story lines are converging on her. Arya's trip across the narrow see suggested to me that her story line might converge on Dany also. Despite the fact that both characters are in the same regions they were in at the end of ASOS, that is still a possibility. Geography wouldn't be a huge issue if Dany eventually leads her host west and Arya drifts east.

Another possibility is that the FM might ask her to kill someone she in fact knows but who is going under an alias, like Sansa/Alayne. That would have a nice dramatic element and would fit with unresolved conflict between the sisters. But the obvious flaw in that is that while people like Cersei might consider a FM to kill Sansa, none of those enemies know the name that Sansa is currently going by.

Archived