Cricket XIV

Xray the Enforcer

Monty is a god.

At least England seem to have learned from their mistake in not playing him in the last Test and I think he showed today why that was such a mistake. I like the way he still seems so enthusiastic about each wicket he takes.

India seem to have found a real talent in Pujara, they must have been worried about how they would replace Dravid but it looks like they might have found someone with similar ability and concentration although I guess we'll have to wait to see how he gets on outside of India. I think he's now scored over 350 runs in the series without being dismissed.

All I see is hate. He is a hater.

He likes cricket and dislikes hyper-macho aggressive sledging that was part of the Aussies playing for many years.

to BillyJ- I reckon you're looking at a future Indian captain there.

I think India will settle for that in the end, though they'd want to push on tomorrow and eke out another 100 or so runs.

The Adelaide test, well, things would've been so different if Smith had been stumped (as he should have been). The day's play definitely brought the draw back into the equation (Jeor on the money as usual!), but I still think Australia should steamroll the Proteas with Kallis injured and Amla out.

@TWS: I've never denied that it's hate. Of course it's hate. Big whoop :dunno:.

Is Kallis not fit to bat at all? If not South Africa are in trouble. That's pretty unlucky to lose a batsman two tests in a row.

Having said that the pitch still looks good to bat on so you wouldn't rule out a draw.

ETA: Ok he's in at 7. Have to see how much he's restricted in his batting.

ETA: Ok De Villiers gone cheaply and no Kallis. At this point you might rule out a draw.

holy hell. the stream I am getting is totally at odds with what cricinfo says the score should be. da fuq?

(stream says 365 for 3; cricinfo says 273 for 7) i mean, I'll trust cricinfo before the stream, but it's totally doing my head in.

ETA: maybe the screwed up and are re-running the first test

Whatever it was, stream has sorted its shit. now we have 295/7 or so.

49 now to avoid a follow-on.

So, against all odds, it's game on, with advantage Australia. I'm still fairly sure that the Proteas will succumb in the end, but I have to give them credit for fighting so hard on Days 2 and 3. The only thing that could throw a cat amongst the pigeons is the early dismissal of Clarke and Huss early tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, Pietersen off to a flyer against India...

And poor old Hasan might want to consider changing his speciality: figures of 0-113 on debut at over four runs per over.

SA have avoided the follow-on, yes? Once they got 350?

Worth noting though that Australia would never have enforced the follow-on in any case - you never want to bat last at the Adelaide Oval.

Archived