Rhaegar Targaryen

IlMentore96

The only actor I could picture as Rhaegar is Charlie Hunnam. Although he needs to lose a bit of weight otherwise, he'd be a perfect Rhaegar for me.

For the record, that is an absolutely awesome suggestion.  I am a bit disappointed I didn't think of him yet in my "Who should be cast as Who" considering in the brain.  That would be awesome.

Jax Targaryen snitchez.... rides a custom Harley Davidson Dyna Dragon .... the dragon flies straight.... a perfect line.... 

The only actor I could picture as Rhaegar is Charlie Hunnam. Although he needs to lose a bit of weight otherwise, he'd be a perfect Rhaegar for me.

I came to the forum today to post this very same comment after seeing Charlie Hunnam on the cover of EW this week. You beat me to it!

cheers

Saw this photo set on the internet and I don't know who the guy is, but he has a great Rhaegar look about him too.
http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/78/b7/23/78b72384750266c88f85b53d679a6800.jpg

Yeah I like Charlie Hunnam, he looks like a strong yet beautiful man.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/pacificrim/images/b/b4/Charlie_hunnam.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20120529200154

And he looks like he could def be Viserys' older, more impressive brother. Plus he is English, so no fake accent. And he looks a bit like Chris Hemsworth who seems to be suggested quite a bit here

Yeah I like Charlie Hunnam, he looks like a strong yet beautiful man.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/pacificrim/images/b/b4/Charlie_hunnam.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20120529200154

And he looks like he could def be Viserys' older, more impressive brother. Plus he is English, so no fake accent. And he looks a bit like Chris Hemsworth who seems to be suggested quite a bit here

He's a good one. Also has that ability to look both sexy and sad at the same time, which is very Rhaegar :)

Honestly am I the only one who just has these characters that they cannot imagine anyone playing because they are just too perfect, to be portrayed? I know that a character can oftentimes be adopted just perfectly but I simply cannot imagine anyone in Rhaegar's role. 

I believe a lot of actors could do just fine, but in my opinion taking on a character such as Rhaegar can be really hard. If the writers stick with the descriptions delivered in the book, who could portray such sadness? Who could adopt such determination? It is not impossible for sure, but depicting a character, that is an enigma himself might as well prove itself quite difficult.

I love every member of the Skarsgård family that I have seen act so far however it would be a little odd to see a Rhaegar that towered over Robert.  :dunno:

Actually, in my mind, I totally believe that Rhaegar was taller than Robert, but Robert was more strongly built. Rhaegar was so tall that the only immediate difference Daenerys noticed between him and Viserys when she saw him in HotUD was that he was taller. I think the general difference between the Targaryen body build and the Baratheon one is that Targaryens are generally taller, strong but lithe, while Baratheons are by no means short but they're built like oxen. 

Plus, of course, the fact that Rhaegar was over 6 years older than Robert at the Trident. 

Actually, in my mind, I totally believe that Rhaegar was taller than Robert, but Robert was more strongly built. Rhaegar was so tall that the only immediate difference Daenerys noticed between him and Viserys when she saw him in HotUD was that he was taller. I think the general difference between the Targaryen body build and the Baratheon one is that Targaryens are generally taller, strong but lithe, while Baratheons are by no means short but they're built like oxen. 

Plus, of course, the fact that Rhaegar was over 6 years older than Robert at the Trident. 

I agree! I have always imagined Rhaegar to be very tall but slim. I can't imagine a muscular Robert over towering him

Pigeon Pie, I believe that Rhaegar was only 3 years older than Robert. It's easy to forget that he was still young (at least from my perspective) being only about 22 at Harrenhall.

I'm an Aussie and when I was reading ASOIAF, Chris Hemsworth was doing ads for our local pay TV company. He was very suave and unThor like, with longish blond hair tied back and I remember thinking he would make a good Rhaegar. Even a very middle aged women like myself couldn't help looking forward to those ads coming on.

Charlie Hunnam would be excellent, but isn't he a bit old at 35?  And unless they want to start filming in green-screen, there's no way they have the budget for Hemsworth, who, to be hones, ts just too big for Rhaegar, anyway.  I don't recall Rhaegar being so huge.

If they do go younger, other excellent options would be:

1. Amadeus Serafini

2. Alex Pettyfer

3. Travis Fimmel

4. Xavier Samuel

5. Luke Bracey.

They'e all blond, beautiful and solid actors (except, maybe, Pettyfer).  I just didnt' picture Rhaegar being 35 when he died.

Charlie Hunnam would be excellent, but isn't he a bit old at 35?  And unless they want to start filming in green-screen, there's no way they have the budget for Hemsworth, who, to be hones, ts just too big for Rhaegar, anyway.  I don't recall Rhaegar being so huge.

If they do go younger, other excellent options would be:

1. Amadeus Serafini
2. Alex Pettyfer
3. Travis Fimmel
4. Xavier Samuel
5. Luke Bracey.

They'e all blond, beautiful and solid actors (except, maybe, Pettyfer).  I just didnt' picture Rhaegar being 35 when he died.

Me neither. I always imagined him having an everlasting youthfulness. And I like your picks for Rhaegar!

Archived