Rhaegar Targaryen

IlMentore96

I was going to suggest perhaps Lee Pace from the Hobbit movies, but believe he's really tall. Also I'm not sure if the powers that be are looking for someone already known, or a big name to fill the role. I'm thinking they want a good actor, but someone without a lot of notoriety.

I've heard a lot of people toss about Alexander Skarsgård's name, both here and on other forums, but something about him makes me feel he's not the right fit for the role. Can't put my finger on what it is though.....

20 minutes ago, Queen of Winter said:

I was going to suggest perhaps Lee Pace from the Hobbit movies, but believe he's really tall. Also I'm not sure if the powers that be are looking for someone already known, or a big name to fill the role. I'm thinking they want a good actor, but someone without a lot of notoriety.

I've heard a lot of people toss about Alexander Skarsgård's name, both here and on other forums, but something about him makes me feel he's not the right fit for the role. Can't put my finger on what it is though.....

His age? He is way too old for Rhaegar.

On 21/6/2016 at 5:08 PM, Dernhelm said:

So i still stick with my choice: German actor Matthias Schweighöfer (now 35 but looks younger)

Good choice.

On 3/7/2016 at 4:35 PM, Jewel said:

My ultimate Rhaegar would be Alexander Skarsgard. It wouldn't be the first time he's worked on an HBO show.

Not bad.

On 25/6/2016 at 3:04 PM, Jedi Renee said:

I see several others have suggested Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I totally agree. :cool4:

He's quite slim and similar to visyris, and a great actor! 

No way :unsure: He has quite a petulant actitude while acting.

I've always pictured a sort of cute, innocent sort of beauty to play Rhaegar. Someone Jon Connington would fall head over heads in love with, not (just) lust after. Jonathan Rhys Meyers has that sort of sharp, high-cheekboned beauty that can be quite sexy but intimidating.

8 hours ago, AshesOfWesteros said:

He's Jon's father, of course the look similiar. Lol I like this choice. Harry Lloyd would be good too.
I like Chris Hemsworth and Alexander Skarsgård, but I think Rhaegar should be more refined and melancholic.

They should have casted him as Jon Snow. KH doesn't look like Book Jon Snow at all... 

I like Aiden Turner. He might be too old though.  However,  I think he looks young and could play a role younger than his actual age.  Also, I don't know how he would look with silver hair, but I could definitely see him portraying the noble, handsome, and melancholic Rhaegar. 

On 7/18/2016 at 9:24 AM, Rory Snow said:

Seems like everyone is just choosing the prettiest boy they know, but Rhaegar Targaryen has to be a believable warrior as well as handsome. A Chris Hemsworth type, without the notoriety.

He definitely was. But for me Rhaegar is more melancholic and poetic type, the one how could draw the whole Westeros into a civil war because of some prophecy.

I would like Chris Hemsworth to play Aegon the Conqueror.

Given the mental image I have of Rhaegar in my head, I'm almost thinking that putting him on the screen at all will diminish from that, no matter who portrays him. Hearing of his deeds from others sort of builds up the hype and actually seeing it would remove the mystery that surrounds his character.

On 20/07/2016 at 9:25 AM, Cantarella said:

MICHAEL FASSBENDER <3333

i know he's a bit too old for this role, but i really really want him to play Rhaegar :((

isn't he too old for that ?

In fact, i agree with those who thinks that it is better not to see him...

On 7/14/2016 at 8:46 PM, Bear Claw said:

I like Aiden Turner. He might be too old though.  However,  I think he looks young and could play a role younger than his actual age.  Also, I don't know how he would look with silver hair, but I could definitely see him portraying the noble, handsome, and melancholic Rhaegar. 

I agree with Aiden Turner.  He even looks like Jon a bit, his accent is right, he has that melancholic, romantic appeal (Box Tunnel Massacre) and he has established himself as a good actor.  What we cannot know if how they want to handle age.  But this guy looks right to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the British actor, David Oakes, who played Juan Borgia in "The Borgias" and George, Duke of Clarence in "The White Queen," would make an excellent Rhaegar Targaryen.  He is a marvelous actor, handsome, and has experience in medieval period pieces.   

Archived