Jon Connington, variety of options.

Tormund Giant*****

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy that I'm back here again after some years, when Messrs. Benioff and Weiss created this forum and asked for casting suggestions. I still am gratified that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was cast as Jaimie Lannister. I just wanted him to play "someone" on the show. And Peter Dinklage was hands-down the dream Tyrion Lannister.

So, I love all the suggestions for Jon Connigton, but we Americans long for another of our clan to be cast (okay, technically he's Canadian but he's lived in the states for a long time) - someone at another site had mentioned the actor I'm about to suggest for the role and I thought, heck, I'll go back to the Westeros forum and throw his name into the ring, why not?

This actor is a big fan of the show: Nathan Fillion. If you doubt his acting ability, I direct you not only to Firefly, but to the film based on that series, Serenity. He has scenes in that film, one in particular that freezes the blood in which he threatens his own crew with death if they don't obey him, which makes him more than capable of playing this role. He also has a noble visage, I've always thought so, At 6'2" he can bring a threatening physicality to Connington, one which would serve well as the adoptive father and protector of Aegon.

So D.B. and David, if you're still looking around here, I hope you'll give it a think. Nathan has long been known as a pro and a gentleman on set and I know from long observation he would do what it took to get the job done. And if not this role, he'd be wonderful as "someone". :=)

I'm happy that I'm back here again after some years, when Messrs. Benioff and Weiss created this forum and asked for casting suggestions. I still am gratified that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was cast as Jaimie Lannister. I just wanted him to play "someone" on the show. And Peter Dinklage was hands-down the dream Tyrion Lannister.

So, I love all the suggestions for Jon Connigton, but we Americans long for another of our clan to be cast (okay, technically he's Canadian but he's lived in the states for a long time) - someone at another site had mentioned the actor I'm about to suggest for the role and I thought, heck, I'll go back to the Westeros forum and throw his name into the ring, why not?

This actor is a big fan of the show: Nathan Fillion. If you doubt his acting ability, I direct you not only to Firefly, but to the film based on that series, Serenity. He has scenes in that film, one in particular that freezes the blood in which he threatens his own crew with death if they don't obey him, which makes him more than capable of playing this role. He also has a noble visage, I've always thought so, At 6'2" he can bring a threatening physicality to Connington, one which would serve well as the adoptive father and protector of Aegon.

So D.B. and David, if you're still looking around here, I hope you'll give it a think. Nathan has long been known as a pro and a gentleman on set and I know from long observation he would do what it took to get the job done. And if not this role, he'd be wonderful as "someone". :=)

See I like Fillion.....but not for Connington....a very dour and broken man holding on for one last task.

he with blond hair maybe could have been Jamie......Or even that knight of Stannis's that is always hitting on Asha......but not Connington.

See I like Fillion.....but not for Connington....a very dour and broken man holding on for one last task.

he with blond hair maybe could have been Jamie......Or even that knight of Stannis's that is always hitting on Asha......but not Connington.

I could even see Duck the companion of Quenton martell......but Fillion is just to charming for a character like Connington

• 1 year later...

Fimmel is too young to play JonCon, I think. (I mean, he's 35 and that's around the age JonCon probably has, but is not mean to look young at all, IMO)

yes that's probably true

Simon Merrels with a beard (which he had in the Musketeers episode he was in) is exactly how i pictured Jon Connington to look and he is the right age

thoughts?

yes that's probably true

Simon Merrels with a beard (which he had in the Musketeers episode he was in) is exactly how i pictured Jon Connington to look and he is the right age

thoughts?

The only one I'll ever accept is Kevin McKidd.

But yeah, Merrells could be good as well.

Archived