Homeland [SPOILERS]

Crown

A continuation of this thread.

I have only one thing to say about the last episode, and that is that I think the Dana/Finn cover-up will push Brody over the edge to side up with the terrorists again. How that will play out? I have no idea.

A continuation of this thread.

I have only one thing to say about the last episode, and that is that I think the Dana/Finn cover-up will push Brody over the edge to side up with the terrorists again. How that will play out? I have no idea.

I don't know. Why would it do that? I think he's being pushed/pulled in way too many directions and he's having a hard time handling it but I'm not sure how it'd make him want to kill Americans again.

I don't know. Why would it do that? I think he's being pushed/pulled in way too many directions and he's having a hard time handling it but I'm not sure how it'd make him want to kill Americans again.

I think he's being reminded that Americans (especially Walden) wouldn't scare away from killing people to achieve a political goal. Which is why he turned in the first place.

I think he's being reminded that Americans (especially Walden) wouldn't scare away from killing people to achieve a political goal. Which is why he turned in the first place.

Right and terrorists wouldn't kill to achieve a political goal? And they didn't kill, they covered up an accident that would derail both careers. Seems like he's boxed in here and not sure how running to the terrorists will help that.

Right and terrorists wouldn't kill to achieve a political goal? Seems like he's boxed in here.

True, but it is personal again, it concerns Dana now (as it concerned Issa before), and it's the same guy covering both things up: Walden.

True, but it is personal again, it concerns Dana now (as it concerned Issa before), and it's the same guy covering both things up: Walden.

Well, CIA is as well. And here's my issue. How does coming out to the police protect Dana? All it does is make her liable for covering up a hit and run. I understand the sense of morality but I don't see how covering up and protecting Dana is going to move Brody to kill Americans.

Well, CIA is as well. And here's my issue. How does coming out to the police protect Dana? All it does is make her liable for covering up a hit and run. I understand the sense of morality but I don't see how covering up and protecting Dana is going to move Brody to kill Americans.

Maybe it's too crackpot theory to be true, but I still believe I'm right (I always do). I just think it triggers him to go the wrong way again (also because he's feeling used by Carrie, did you see the look in his eyes during the clearing scene?).

Maybe it's too crackpot theory to be true, but I still believe I'm right (I always do). I just think it triggers him to go the wrong way again (also because he's feeling used by Carrie, did you see the look in his eyes during the clearing scene?).

I'm not entirely sure how to interpret that scene. I think it's more confusion than a feeling of being used. He knows he's being used yet when he's with her, he feels something he doesn't feel any other time...good. Neither of them knows the truth in those scenes (who's using who, who feels what, why they feel the way they do and what causes it) and it comes across that way. I love them. So much there that's beyond the surface.

Given that Dana is the one who kept Brody from blowing himself up (not that she knows it) as a result of Carrie showing up at the house, and the CIA is filtering out the idea that Brody is working for them, I really didn't understand why Carrie didn't just say something to Dana about needing to stop a terrorist attack, and that they would take care of the woman's family.

I guess Dana's world is probably still too black and white to accept that as a solution.

Yes. I think she was blond last season, but I would suppose that was dyed. They did a great job with her make-up, and she was really very good, as was Patinkin.

Patinkin rocks evey scene he is in, he's like Homeland's Barristan the Bold.

Yes. I think she was blond last season, but I would suppose that was dyed. They did a great job with her make-up, and she was really very good, as was Patinkin.

I'm guessing in prison you don't get to have highlights done lol. So it's probably meant to be her natural color.

My heart always goes out to Saul every single episode. I just love that guy.

My husband watched the episode this morning and was having a fit that Brody and Carrie were making out again. He seems to think she's some weak willed emotional mess.

I happen to think she's doing as she said and giving him a feeling of control/power. I think she is not nearly as attached as everyone believes her to be and I think she's more on point now than ever. But that's just my two cents.

Well didn't see that coming (the end of her scene).

My husband watched the episode this morning and was having a fit that Brody and Carrie were making out again. He seems to think she's some weak willed emotional mess.

I feel the same way. I always get the sense that Brody is manipulating Carrie whenever they hook up and it never gets there. I don't think it is very believable at this point.

I thought she was going to commit suicide, I admit, from pretty early on. But I never realized she was going to do it then and there. I'd figure she'd have managed to cop something she could kill herself with later, and certainly didn't expect she'd mislead them as to the suspect as to get her opportunity. It was nicely handled.

Carrie is an emotional mess. But so is Brody. I think their mutual vulnerabilities and shared experiences make them compatible... and not very good for one another, as well. But people under high stress sometimes look for outlets that aren't necessarily wise, but are expedient. The whirlwind, twisty nature of their relationship strikes me as just about right.

Archived