Is Jon Snow about to open is 3rd eye?

pestor

***Spoiler alert***

There have been two occaision we have been told of that a character opens there 3rd eye. Bran and Jojen.

Jojen-

“When I was little I almost died of greywater fever. That was when the crow came to me."

Bran-

"He came to me after I fell,” Bran blurted. “I was asleep for a long time. He said I had to fly or die, and I woke up, only I was broken and I couldn’t fly after all.”

It seems to me that the TEC/BR visits those needed for the future success of man while they are having a near death experience. Could it be with Jons situation that its time for him to truely open his 3rd eye and embrace the gifts the old gods have given to him??

The call came from behind him, softer than a whisper, but strong too. Can a shout be silent? He turned his head, searching for his brother, for a glimpse of a lean grey shape moving beneath the trees, but there was nothing, only . . .

A weirwood.

It seemed to sprout from solid rock, its pale roots twisting up from a myriad of fissures and hairline cracks. The tree was slender compared to other weirwoods he had seen, no more than a sapling, yet it was growing as he watched, its limbs thickening as they reached for the sky. Wary, he circled the smooth white trunk until he came to the face. Red eyes looked at him. Fierce eyes they were, yet glad to see him. The weirwood had his brother’s face. Had his brother always had three eyes?

Not always, came the silent shout. Not before the crow.

He sniffed at the bark, smelled wolf and tree and boy, but behind that there were other scents, the rich brown smell of warm earth and the hard grey smell of stone and something else, something terrible. Death, he knew. He was smelling death. He cringed back, his hair bristling, and bared his fangs.

Don’t be afraid, I like it in the dark. No one can see you, but you can see them. But first you have to open your eyes. See? Like this. And the tree reached down and touched him.

I think it's very possible.

***Spoiler alert***

There have been two occaision we have been told of that a character opens there 3rd eye. Bran and Jojen.

Jojen-

“When I was little I almost died of greywater fever. That was when the crow came to me."

Bran-

"He came to me after I fell,” Bran blurted. “I was asleep for a long time. He said I had to fly or die, and I woke up, only I was broken and I couldn’t fly after all.”

It seems to me that the TEC/BR visits those needed for the future success of man while they are having a near death experience. Could it be with Jons situation that its time for him to truely open his 3rd eye and embrace the gifts the old gods have given to him??

You are wrong!!!

Every human character we know that had an Earth powers seemed to get powerful after a traumtic event.

Besides Brans fall, and Jojens Greyscales.

6skin had the whole thing with the puppy, brother, sent away from his parents.

It is believe that Bloodraven powers fully came about after lost his eye.

Even to a lesser degree Arya powers seem to grow once she lost her sight and reached out and found a cat.

Becarefull, you are getting close to Heresy.....

As a Heretic, I think this was done to bring out Jons powers, the only real question to me is was it Bloodraven, Bran or the 3EC?

I think it's very possible.

I thought it unlikely that Jon would have delved into the "crow" way of things as bran did, but remembering that quote has me likewise believing it to be very possible indeed, TWOW really cant come quick enough :D

You are wrong!!!

Every human character we know that had an Earth powers seemed to get powerful after a traumtic event.

Besides Brans fall, and Jojens Greyscales.

6skin had the whole thing with the puppy, brother, sent away from his parents.

It is believe that Bloodraven powers fully came about after lost his eye.

Even to a lesser degree Arya powers seem to grow once she lost her sight and reached out and found a cat.

Becarefull, you are getting close to Heresy.....

As a Heretic, I think this was done to bring out Jons powers, the only real question to me is was it Bloodraven, Bran or the 3EC?

Theres nothing suggesting that it could mental trauma that brings it on, but if it is possible, the fact Jon believes that most of his family are dead could be the trauma he needs to kickstart this, probably just wishful thinking... and i'm not sure about you but i'm under the assumption the 3EC and bloodraven are the same person!

I certainly believe so. I think that he is either going to be in a coma like Bran or then he actually dies, and is later revived by Old Gods/Bran/BR/what-have-you rather than by Melissandre alone. Or so I hope. : )

We know the Land of Always Winter is going to be seen in WoW, so bringing Jon north to Bran (either in full or having warged into Ghost) would be a good way to start the journey there.

I actually think we will see it through Bran who will be warged into a crow/raven/tree.

I do like the idea of Jon's third eye opening. It's time the Starks start kicking some ass.

Archived