The Mountain needs time

tyrions sliced nose

Anyone else worried that the fight between the red viper and gregor clegane might not meet up to everyones expectations if they dont start investing more air time to show what a cruel yet powerful killer he is. One of the best reads in the 3rd book because we all know how completly brutal gregor is and their duel is just amazing. The mountain kills without mercy, rapes, splatters childrens heads on brick walls but are people watching the show really gettig that sense from what weve seen so far from him, are they going to care when the red viper and him fight? Is it time for the show to start showing the more brutal side of gregor so when they do fight it means something with the majority of viewers wanting mor ethan anything for him to die.

• 3 weeks later...

They will play up the mountain in the season the fight is featured. People have a hard enough time keeping characters together in the show as it is, and will only get worse as time goes on. So, they will talk up/show off the Mountain as season 4 builds to his battle with Oberyn.

It will be good. It's a major part of the books and is part of the story with Dorne.

A bit like them only introducing the Reeds and Tullys in Season 3, when D&D feel its the right thing to really layer in the backstory of Elia then they'll do it and by the time we're at the fight the audience will be ready for it.

Also we know the Mountain is crazy because of his fight with Sandor and him beheading a horse and I'm sure they'll reinforce it as we get closer.

I still regret Conan Stevens leaving the show. I mean he had like only one scene and a single word, and his replacement is also tall and has quite the deep voice, but I thought Conan pulled off that perpetual RAGE look like someone who'd rape your daughters and wipe out your town just because some peasant looked at him funny, the new guy reminds me more of Lurch.

a short while back i was on WiC.net and Conan Stevens posted saying he's willing to come back to the show. He actually posts in the comments from time to time. I think he left Season 2 because he was cast in the new hobbit movie. He plays the Goblin king or something to that effect.

edit - here's a picture of him as bolg. whoever that is

http://hole-intheground.blogspot.com/2012/10/bolg.html

a short while back i was on WiC.net and Conan Stevens posted saying he's willing to come back to the show. He actually posts in the comments from time to time. I think he left Season 2 because he was cast in the new hobbit movie. He plays the Goblin king or something to that effect.

I hope he comes back then. I know some people might dislike such a constant back and forth casting, but the Mountain's had so little screen time already so it won't be very noticeable. I think it'll be worth the sacrifice.

I hope he comes back then. I know some people might dislike such a constant back and forth casting, but the Mountain's had so little screen time already so it won't be very noticeable. I think it'll be worth the sacrifice.

yeah i agree. in season 1 he was called the mountain while in season 2 he was called clegane. so in all honesty i doubt the audience (non-book readers) even knew that they were the same person. especially since he was played by a different actor and wore lannister armor.

yeah i agree. in season 1 he was called the mountain while in season 2 he was called clegane. so in all honesty i doubt the audience (non-book readers) even knew that they were the same person. especially since he was played by a different actor and wore lannister armor.

The more astute watchers like the unsullied will know wgo he is but yeah I agree most people wont.

My guess is that they'll fill in the backstory of Elia Martell when Tyrion meets him outside of King's Landing. (or however they do the intro to the Red Viper.) He'll give the story of how he met baby Tyrion with his sister Elia, and then go into more about how the Mountain murdered her, raped her & killed her children.

Archived