Any one hates the Tullys like I do

Hoster is a Dick, Catalyn is Bitch, and Lysa is worse than both of them combined, they are incompetent soldiers.

Edmure didn't disgrace himself in battle and nor did his men, though their abilities as tacticians severely let them down.

Blackfish shakes his head at you all.

I don't hate the Tullys. I think they're largely products of their circumstances. For that time, there is no way in hell that Hoster can allow his unmarried daughter to have a bastard with someone like Littlefinger. Extending from that, it makes sense that Lysa is psychologically scarred (Catelyn suggests that she used to be pretty normal when they were younger). And making Ned marry Catelyn seems to be par for the course — noble families' children marry each other to secure an alliance. What's the issue here, again? I don't see anything wrong with Edmure (apart from being a bit of a skirt-chaser), or the Blackflish. Catelyn's treatment of Jon was lacking, but it tends to not be something I hold against her that much. He's a walking, talking manifestation of her public humiliation; there was never going to be any happy ending or mother-son dynamic there. It seems that she just ignored him for the most part; I don't see evidence that, until her cruel words in Bran's room, she actively made his life hell so much as she chose to tune him out.

The Tullys are not my favorite family or even my second- or third-favorite family. But I see nothing there worth actively hating.

Edmure didn't disgrace himself in battle and nor did his men, though their abilities as tacticians severely let them down.

Blackfish shakes his head at you all.

Blackfish is only called the blackfish because he is so different to the rest of his family - he is awesome whille they all so suck so realy he is testiment to how bad the Tullys are!

Archived