Casters Sons? Huh?

tom_saxon

So much is going on at this point in the book that its tough to really reflect on the parts that could be really important. Did she say "take the mother and the babe to protect them from his brothers (casters sons)"????? I thought caster was sacrificing the male babies to the Others for FOOD, baby cakes or whatever. But apparently Casters sons become Others when taken? There are female wights in the story (right?), but no female Others so far as I can remember. And the Wildings, Ygrette (sp?) saying that they never found Jormuns Horn to take down The Wall, but in the process of searching for it they unleashed/awoke/released the Others? Trying to connect those dots and they don't synch up so well. Could the Others simply be some form of intellegent living cold that use male human bodies as vehicles? I dunno. Would kind of make sense given Melisandre's god R'hllor, as described, is essentially fire its self.

• 2 weeks later...

According to one of Old Nan's tales (from a Bran POV?), women would lay with the Others to sire terrible half-human creatures during the Long Night.

Conjecture leads me to surmise that something similar may have been going on at Craster's Keep with his (Craster) sacrifices to the " Old Gods"... whether the sons became Others or Wights or interbred once reaching sexual maturity. We may get an answer when GRRM unveils the Lands of Always Winter in one of the upcoming books.

Archived