Football, football, football 34

mormont

Moving on:

If it gets him off MotD then I dont care who his friends are, i'd even buy them a pint so long as he's off MotD

It has to be said that Redknapp is a fine exponent of MotD's patented style of 'analysis' - describe exactly what we can all see on the screen, then remark either 'he'll be disappointed with that' or 'he'll do that all day' as appropriate. Triffic.

not as awkward as things will be should mancini get sacked.

do you see that a possibility? he is out of the champions league in quick fashion. a gluttony of players and they are still struggling.

thoughts?

I think it'll be hard for him to stay on if we don't win the league now and have a (very) good stab at the FA Cup as well. For all the negatives about our owners they seem to have a long term perspective on things. The fans generally love them, but they also love Mancini for what he's done the past few years so there would be some inevitable conflict with the fans should they handle it badly.

For what it's worth, I think we'll retain the title and turn Chelsea over on Sunday. Our domestic form is coming back at the time everyone else's seems to be leaving so I'm quietly and cautiously hopeful of keeping that nice big trophy. Put £100 on it at the beginning of the season in the interests of 'money where your mouth is'.

If I owned a big club, I'd be knocking on David Moyes' door. Or is he holding out for Sir Alex to retire (for real), maybe?

Of course, if I owned a big club, I'd probably not change managers twice yearly, so no doubt I'd be doing it wrong.

If I owned a big club, I'd be knocking on David Moyes' door. Or is he holding out for Sir Alex to retire (for real), maybe?

Of course, if I owned a big club, I'd probably not change managers twice yearly, so no doubt I'd be doing it wrong.

david moyes is a stud.

i am always amazed at what he does with the limited budget he has. and inevitably someone comes along and buys up his stars, and still he does great.

who will be sir alex's successor? that is a good god damned question. will it be moyes? i have my doubts. many think it will be the special one. i am not sure if united fans would accept a manager not from the uk.

i'd take moyes over pardew in a second. and he can bring baines with him for company if he wants. if newcastle lose at southampton i'll be very pissed off. West ham, swansea and the saints are not hard games, i don't care how many injuries we've got.

i'd take moyes over pardew in a second. and he can bring baines with him for company if he wants. if newcastle lose at southampton i'll be very pissed off. West ham, swansea and the saints are not hard games, i don't care how many injuries we've got.

i agree. i too would take moyes at newcastle.

and the toon will beat southampton 3-0 with a brace by ba and a big goal from ben arfa.

and the toon will beat southampton 3-0 with a brace by ba and a big goal from ben arfa.

With Ba, one must always be hopeful that he scores a "brace" rather than that he leaves the field with his knee in one.

As for Moyes: I personally think he'll end up at United, and that this has already been secretly agreed between all parties. I think Ferguson will surprise us all and quit at the end of this season.

/Kreskin.

Gianluigi Buffon (Italy, Juventus); Iker Casillas (Spain, Real Madrid); Petr Cech (Czech Republic, Chelsea); Joe Hart (England, Manchester City); Manuel Neuer (Germany, Bayern Munich).

Not that I can think of others that should definitely have been included, but looking at all those names I conclude that there is not one truly great keeper among them. It's seemed that way to me for years now, that the current generation is missing a living legend keeper. All of these seem adequate but not superb keepers. And no, for me Casillas and Buffon are not as great as they are sometimes cracked up to be.

On second thought, Atletico's Belgian keeper, Courtois, is one I probably rate higher than Hart or Neuer. And surely Czech's glory days are long since behind him.

Not that I can think of others that should definitely have been included, but looking at all those names I conclude that there is not one truly great keeper among them. It's seemed that way to me for years now, that the current generation is missing a living legend keeper. All of these seem adequate but not superb keepers. And no, for me Casillas and Buffon are not as great as they are sometimes cracked up to be.

On second thought, Atletico's Belgian keeper, Courtois, is one I probably rate higher than Hart or Neuer. And surely Cech's glory days are long since behind him.

its amazing how all those keepers play for top top teams, i think that shows that this list is 'all mouth and no trousers'.

i am not sure if united fans would accept a manager not from the uk.

I can't see why that would be a problem, but personally I'd distrust Mourinho's penchant for getting bored and leaving after a few years.

I do think that Everton's sudden change from neat, tidy and disciplined outfit into the masters of flair has more than a whiff of Moyes auditioning for the United job, and I'd be pleased with that appointment. I think the other option would be Solskjaer but I suspect it'd be too soon, he'd need to take over an English (or perhaps German or Spanish) club and do good things for at least a year before being in contention.

So, Menezes has been fired as Brazil coach...

Hoping Romario steps up to take over the reigns! :smoking:

No chance- not only he's in Congress, but he's one of the few people there actually taking seriously his job and pressuring the Brazilian Football Confederation over the hundreds of corruption allegations and problems in World Cup preparations. He's an enemy.

Scolari will probably get the job again, which would suck.

Archived