Football, football, football 34

mormont

Not that I can think of others that should definitely have been included, but looking at all those names I conclude that there is not one truly great keeper among them. It's seemed that way to me for years now, that the current generation is missing a living legend keeper. All of these seem adequate but not superb keepers. And no, for me Casillas and Buffon are not as great as they are sometimes cracked up to be.

Buffon was absolutely suberb in his prime, but I think he's not as good as he was. Casillas is probably the best goalkeeper at the moment, though. Who are you putting in the Elite list of 'keepers from the past that they don't compare to?

Courtois is probably about as good as Hart, don't think he's better than Neur. And Cech's still a fine keeper if not actively excellent since his injury. He's on the list become he performed heroics in the Champions League, though. As for them all playing for top teams...well yeah, but then at the same time they're also probably mostly the best goalkeeper's in the world and play in the big games where they have standout performances. *shrug*

Mancini won't be sacked this season while City do well in the League. I'd be worried if they struggled in the League or didn't get out of the group next year. Think he's safe for now.

I'm not too sure. While he didn't had enough resources to build a top-class team, his work at Palmeiras was dreadful, and it's no coincidence they ended up relegated to the 2nd division (although he jumped ship before it).

Palmeiras team is dreadful. They have Barcos and Marcos Assunção and that's pretty much it. I doubt anyone could do much better in his place.

Mano had two years to mold a team and failed... he should have been sacked after the Olympics fiasco.

Meanwhile... apparently Guardiola was asked about the job and said he would accept it. I doubt it, but it would be awesome if he got it.

Pity Liverpool's B team could not hold out for a win against Young Boys, nor get through the game without needing the heavy hitters subbed in. It would have helped a lot in the next couple of weeks with lots of games ahead. And it would have been a good learning opportunity for them.

But Young Boys have improved a lot since we first played them (I think they beat Udinese twice). We still have a chance but I won't be bothered if we don't go through. It's a big distraction for a team that needs to focus on league form. It's only worthwhile so long as the second string are doing most of the work -- just like the Carling Cup.

I think 'arry would be quite good for QPR, initially at least, even if I dislike his old boys club and financial sleaze. It's a pity Liverpool did not get to play QPR while Hughes was still there. There's a lot to be said for playing teams at the right time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-20464371

who'd have thought it, Fergie time really does exist.

Thus proving Millions of people over the last 20years to be correct. Im glad we've been sort-of-scienticifally vindicated. That said, with key past signings like Graham Poll, it was always inevitable they would sneak some late goals in.

Fergie time exist for big clubs, it seems.. which means those of us supporting the smaller clubs will continue to rail against it. The future is bleak :frown5: (for those wondering, no: do not interpret those sentences literally..)

Of course, given more time than we'll get, Moyes may make us competitive. I doubt he'll stick around for that long, seeing as his contract runs out in the summer. Also, he's not the Moyesiah - he does have flaws as a manager. Being too conservative, introducing subs too late, far often more reactive than proactive, which means we try to adapt to others rather than imposing ourselves on them.. so we'll probably be stuck somewhere from 6-20 in the forseeable future.

And no, I do not see Bill Kenwright selling. He's stated that his goal is selling, but he's been doing that for - what is it now, 13 years? Why that is, I can't really say (would entail me knowing the inside of his mind..), but I'm guessing it's a combination of too high asking price, and scepticism towards a buyer - he'll probably want someone as blue as he is (which means there's a grand total of zero potential rich buyers). The owners of Blackburn (and the last regime across the park) offer cautionary tales, so he'll remain the owner for quite some time yet.

Palmeiras team is dreadful. They have Barcos and Marcos Assunção and that's pretty much it. I doubt anyone could do much better in his place

Mano had two years to mold a team and failed... he should have been sacked after the Olympics fiasco..

Yeah, but Scolari had two years to build a team in Palmeiras and failed. He didn't had that much money, but in the past he was able to build good teams without a massive budget.

Meanwhile... apparently Guardiola was asked about the job and said he would accept it. I doubt it, but it would be awesome if he got it.

He would also have the advantage of being able to work outside the country even if he lost in 2014, which would ease a little of the pressure for him.

He would be better than any of the leading candidates- the last time a coach with new ideas and clear tactical acumen appeared in Brazil was Luxemburgo in the 90's (but even he is now outdated). Most of them are only worried about winning by 1x0 and defend, defend, defend.

So we draw again. Again infuriating. We're much better than Norwich, even with four regulars missing. But we continue to be our own worst enemy..

Oh, and I'm not certain the free kick Norwich scored from should have been given. Looked like a clumsy fall, tbh. But we should have put the game to bed before that.

Bollocks!

Archived