Your initial thought of Roose Bolton?

BBerhe

More creepy than evil, if I remember correctly. But also tbh for a while I was sometimes unclear as to which Northern commander was which, and I think I kinda attributed Northern reserve/hardiness to them en masse unless specifically shown exceptions in the moment.

I just thought he was another northern lord with some quirks. On my second read I was like AHHH now I see it. It was the same with like 60% of the characters I encountered in the first three books. By the middle of Storm I knew to watch every character introduced a little more closely.

Hehe. Just another seasoning to a very nasty and delectable Villain Sandwich. I laughed when he said "Dont make me rue the day i raped your mother!" Because he was all like "Ramsay...why you all up in people's faces?" (see my title for details)

Lol, you are something else. You know that right?

The third Reek chapter.

At Stouts castle, Ramsey declared a feast,at said feast, a dog fight just ended and the doors burst! open and a bunch of armored men come filing in. In Comes Roose

"Out", he told feasters, in a voice as soft as a murmur. "Now. The lot of you."

in a blink of an eye everyone clears the room much like what happened in the second sherlock holmes movie, and then theon thinks to himself

"When the echo died away, reek found himself alone in the hall with the two Boltons, father and son."

Right there was when i finally told myself....ok this guy means business

*chilling

My initial view of Roose was that this is exactly the type of cold, calculating man I want as my right hand man.

If only his loyalty was beyond reproach, he could have been an awesome tool to the King in the North. You need guys like that if you want to inspire fear in your enemies.

Kind of like Roose has Steelshanks Walton, while the Starks only had old decrepit Ser Rodrik. The Starks really need to work on the quality of men they recruit. What was the name of that captain of Ned's personal guard? The guy who barely made it to the second round of the Tourney at King's Landing?

This when the Lannisters have the Hound and the Mountain in their retinue, Doran Martell has Areo Hotah, old Lady Tyrell has Left and Right and even Tyrion has Bron. Really now, Eddard. Lift your game.

My initial view of Roose was that this is exactly the type of cold, calculating man I want as my right hand man.

If only his loyalty was beyond reproach, he could have been an awesome tool to the King in the North. You need guys like that if you want to inspire fear in your enemies.

Kind of like Roose has Steelshanks Walton, while the Starks only had old decrepit Ser Rodrik. The Starks really need to work on the quality of men they recruit. What was the name of that captain of Ned's personal guard? The guy who barely made it to the second round of the Tourney at King's Landing?

This when the Lannisters have the Hound and the Mountain in their retinue, Doran Martell has Areo Hotah, old Lady Tyrell has Left and Right and even Tyrion has Bron. Really now, Eddard. Lift your game.

Yea, the Blackfish and Roose himself were really the only Stark vassals that stood out to me. Roose for his ruthlessness and cunning, the Blackfish for his martial prowess and cunning. Imagine if Ramsay was completely loyal, like the Mountain was.

The Starks are men of Honor, they don't need thugs who will kill innocent children without hesitation.... and for the record both Cassles are awesome, Jory killed 2 or 3 lanister guards (but that may have just been in the TV show) and the Great Jon, the Reeds, the mormonts the glovers, the manderlys all seem like prety good vasles to me

I did have a moment were I thought he was going to pull something, make trouble for the Starks much earlier. Or maybe I just didn't like him as much as the other banners. Like before we even got to know the pleasure that is Ramsey. (sarcasm) It never happened. I was relieved.The creepy feelers were out though.

But I was wrong about Wyman. Never dreamed he'd became a player as he has really progressed to become. Or is.

Archived