Euron and Victarion Greyjoy

DornishHighlander

http://winteriscomin...on-2-auditions/

Apparently Jonny Phillips auditioned for Balon back when. Still buy him as both a swashbuckler and Patrick Malahide's brother.

Also David Wilmot auditioned for Davos and maybe another swashbuckler part for him?

Kind of weird, but HBO.com Season One part shows Theon's uncles http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season1/#!/guide/houses/greyjoy/ yet the Season Two part doesn't http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season2/#!/guide/houses/greyjoy/

Yeah, but Patrick Malahide was supposed to look old. Balon was always described as old, with white hair...an exausted warrior.

Euron, on the other hand, is young, lean, imposing. Like I said above, the best choice would be Mads. Anyone that's older than him will have a hard time adapting to the character.

McShane may not be young or terribly lean, but he's got imposing in spades. And really, I think casting a great actor is more important than casting a guy who looks the part. Martin has said as much in his interviews about the show. Peter Dinklage looks almost nothing like Tyrion from the books, but he knocks the role out of the park because he's an excellent actor.

McShane may not be young or terribly lean, but he's got imposing in spades. And really, I think casting a great actor is more important than casting a guy who looks the part. Martin has said as much in his interviews about the show. Peter Dinklage looks almost nothing like Tyrion from the books, but he knocks the role out of the park because he's an excellent actor.

But there weren't a lot of alternatives in the case of Tyrion's casting. There aren't a lot of people who can match his look in the books and also have the acting chops to portray a character so complex.

I bet they have tons of actors in mind for Euron, but I don't think Ian McShane is on that list. :P

I agree that he's imposing, though. And he's also a very talented actor. I hope they get him on the show for some other role, but him playing Euron is a big no-no.

But there weren't a lot of alternatives in the case of Tyrion's casting. There aren't a lot of people who can match his look in the books and also have the acting chops to portray a character so complex.

I bet they have tons of actors in mind for Euron, but I don't think Ian McShane is on that list. :P

I agree that he's imposing, though. And he's also a very talented actor. I hope they get him on the show for some other role, but him playing Euron is a big no-no.

Most of the actors on the show don't really fit the physical description in the books. It's not just Tyrion. He was just an easy example. I could make a list, but it would probably include basically the entire cast minus Sansa and Robb. :)

IMO, Gabriel Byrne wouldn't have been bad for Euron. A bit older than those most people here are mentioning, but still younger than Malahide (who played Balon).

Unfortunately, he's already on that Vikings show, and he probably hates HBO for their cancellation of In Treatment anyway.

I'm still in love with the thought that Mads and Richard could become Euron and Victarion. But I would prefer Mads as Euron and Richard as Victarion. I mean, look at Richard in the Hobbit.. Thorin Oakenshield is somehow a miniature Victarion xD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doubting the Greyjoy uncles will show... Is who becomes ruler of the Iron Islands really that interesting within the show's world? Still, Simon Merrells really does looks like Patrick Malahide's brother

I would be shocked if they didn't introduce Euron or Victarion given their roles in the later books. I think Peter Wingfield would make a great Euron and Craig Fairbrass a great Victarion although I know both choices are outside the most popular fan choices of Mikkelson, Purefoy or Stevenson. If the writers are looking to go with a couple actors in their mid to late 50s in order to fit better as Patrick Malahide's brothers, Peter Stormare would make an interesting Euron and Ralf Moeller an intimidating Victarion.

After seeing the pilot of Hannibal, I want Mads Mikkelsen in GoT as Euron more than ever. Ray Stevenson would make a perfect Victarion too.

Ooooh yes Mads would b e such a perfect Euron!

But I would prefer Clive Standen for Victarion (everytime I've watched Vikings I think Rollo (Clive Standen) would be sooo perfect)

Archived