A World of Ice and Fire: Official aSoIaF App

DaveSumm

Couldn't see any discussion about this on here, figured this was probably the best place for it....? Feel free to move/delete if not.

Overall, a very nicely put together app with far more information than I hoped. Entries for pretty much everyone mentioned in the series as far as I can see. A very clever spoiler system makes it usable for all. It's great to see the same artwork that's used with board game which I've grown fond of. Liking the maps from aDwD with a little colour, and zoomable, although it'd be nice if there were a way of removing the swords so you could see more clearly.

Anyone else downloaded this yet?

I've downloaded it. It's pretty neat, but it keeps crashing on me. There's a different app called "Game of Thrones Companion." I think it has much better for character information, and more characters than the official app. Ex, the Companion has a lot of characters from Dunk and Egg, the World app doesn't have any.

The companion has every Targaryen since Aegon the Conqueror, the World app only goes back to Rhaegar and Aerys.

The world app is better for maps and places.

The companion also has some typos (mis-spellings and not capitalizing).

Overall I was unimpressed with the World App because I was expecting something better than the Unofficial Companion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got the app and I love it! It saves me so much time from wikipedia-ing on my phone as I'm reading in bed, especially when it's been like 200 pages since I've been in whatever character's POV... great work, no complaints so far!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived