Ygritte and Jon

Nymeria's Sigil

• 1 month later...

I like her a lot too. I think you should cut her some slack. She's one of those characters that are actually tough. Hell, she trapped Jon and captured him.

Then she seduces him. She dies in Jon's arms. <------- Okay, that was the saddest part of SoS besides RW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, I think every time she sends it, there is a different meaning behind it. The suggestion behind: "You know nothing" is of course that she knew something more than he did, and every time it's a different aspect that she thinks she can teach him. I think it adds a lot of depth to her character. Even her last "You know nothing"s are, whether irritating or not, quite telling.

Cheers to all,

Thyrza

I was looking through this forum, just because and I was aggravated about GillyTarly's post as it has ruined Jon's storyline for me a bit. It is my second favourite storyline and due to their post I now know what is going to happen between them, Thanks(!).

Just a tad. I like her a lot. She does get repetitive. I always kind of imagined that English (Westerosi?) is not her first language, so I cut her some slack.

The whole Westeros speaks the same language, except the Old Tongue and the thing that the Thenn men speak I think. I always found that a bit strange, though. Anyway, the wildlings speak the Common tongue like the people south of the Wall, otherwise Jon would probably have to learn it from Ygritte.

I was looking through this forum, just because and I was aggravated about GillyTarly's post as it has ruined Jon's storyline for me a bit. It is my second favourite storyline and due to their post I now know what is going to happen between them, Thanks(!).

I just reported that. I am sorry you were spoiled. :( The "Still Reading" parts are usually spoiler-free, but maybe it is better not to read anything on the internet until you have read all the books.

ADWD Spoiler:

Dat moment when Melisandre said "You know nothing, Jon Snow"..

This was awesome! I was upset because I expected something to come of it but in the next chapter there was no mention.

Another ADWD spoiler:

I thought there was maybe some connection between Melisandre and Ygritte but more likely she just saw it in her fires. Not far into the book though so hopefully something can still come of it.

Actually, I think every time she sends it, there is a different meaning behind it. The suggestion behind: "You know nothing" is of course that she knew something more than he did, and every time it's a different aspect that she thinks she can teach him. I think it adds a lot of depth to her character. Even her last "You know nothing"s are, whether irritating or not, quite telling.

Cheers to all,

Thyrza

I agree Thyrza. At first I was thinking, OK, we get it. But, Jon didn't get it. He needed to hear it and I do think each time was w/different meaning.

• 1 month later...

I like her a lot too. I think you should cut her some slack. She's one of those characters that are actually tough. Hell, she trapped Jon and captured him.

Then she seduces him. She dies in Jon's arms. <------- Okay, that was the saddest part of SoS besides RW.

oh my god that part!!! GRRM ripped my heart out and fed it to me :crying:

ADWD Spoiler:

Dat moment when Melisandre said "You know nothing, Jon Snow"..

AAAH I felt a mixture of " oh my f***king god"-"hey YOU don't get to say that!"- and "oh poor Jon"

Archived