What if Bloodraven met Melisandre?

OberynBlackfyre

Hmm I am seeing a lot of votes for Bloodraven completely crushing Mel....however, what if they were BOTH trying to help Jon? Is everyone saying that even with a common goal, they would choose to fight rather than ally for the time being?

Hmm I am seeing a lot of votes for Bloodraven completely crushing Mel....however, what if they were BOTH trying to help Jon? Is everyone saying that even with a common goal, they would choose to fight rather than ally for the time being?

Fat chance Mel is too fanatic, hers is the only way. so won't work, but BR is old so is Mel i think sounds like match made in heaven, I agree with someones posting about sparks lol you know I just imagine mel and br on that janet jackson song, thats the way love goes.

It does seem Mel often can't get out of her own way. That she jumps to the wrong conclusion and misses her own path. Often resulting in the burning of other people. :)

• 9 months later...

What confused me about Melisandre's knowledge of the magic possessed by the First Men is that it's contradictory. She urges Jon to connect with his wolf and assume his nature as a warg, yet she sees (what may be interpreted as Bloodraven) a man made of wood with a thousand eyes and one, and next to him a boy who was also a wolf, and interprets these to be soldiers of the Great Other. I feel she does not understand the relationship between R'hllor and the Children, if there is one. But there must be because the Children defeated the Others in the past. So whats her deal?

Melisandre: "OMG, OMG, a creepy tree man is looking at me! He must be an agent of the Great Other, oh, God. R'hollor protect me, he will try to kill me, I know it. OMG! * has a reverse orgasm, bleeds and collapses to the floor*

MEANWHILE AT THE CAVE

Random Child of the Forest: Bloodraven, what did you see?

Bloodraven: It's nothing, just some crazy woman *shrugs*

Melisandre has already seen Bloodraven and Bran in a vision from her fires and has marked them as agents of the Great Other. I think Bloodraven is aware of Melisandre -- she's burned several weirdwoods and is currently on the Wall and we know Bloodraven wargs Mormont's raven often. It's never stated he is aware of her but I think we can be certain he is. I don't think she can do much to act against him, though.

*think*. he wargs Mormonts raven

Melisandre is more, you know, mobile. Of the two of them, she can move. And he's wooden, and she has plenty o' flame. Hmmmm. Let's crunch the numbers for a sec. Vegas odds would favor Mel until you add in his fire-stopping forcefield. (Would that function against living mages? and is Mel alive????? )

Also, he may not get wood when they meet since he's already had it all along. And how could the fire of love be said to light up Melis' heart when she's already been flaming since way back?

• 1 year later...

But have we really seen the full extent of BR's powers? The answer is no. The only powers that BR has showed us is that he can warg and manifest himself in other's dreams... that's it (taking into effect that he can warg a large number of beings, we have no information that he can warg people... and Melisandra effectively has an army to use; and Stannis, of course). And the same can be said for Bran. Melisandre, on the other hand, has been known to hold a considerable amount of power. For one, she is immortal to poison (as can bee seen in Davos' first chapter in Clash of Kings). Obviously, she can unleash a horde of shadow babies. She can kill individuals with her magic (Robb, Joff and Balon; though she needs blood). She is immune to the cold and possibly fire... she does not need to eat, drink or sleep... the list goes on. And there is a possibility that she has many, many more powers she can use.

It is true that we do not know the full extent of Bran, but if you take into canon information, it would have to take years for him to master them... and his only test subject has been Hodor, who is not very resistant. I believe that a common man would be hard to warg, let alone Melisandre. Also the account that both BR and Bran are effectively immobile whilst not warging, whilst Melisandra is not.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived