Who were the other Dragonlords?

I guess there could be some families at Volantis who are descended from dragonlords, but which lost all their dragons during the Doom. They probably remind it constantly to the other noble families:

-"Don't sass me, my ancestor founded this city! I'm descended from dragonlords, and not a petty dragonlord family like those Targayren, but the greatest dragonlord family of all!"

-"Whatever. Without dragons you are just a bunch of stupid inbred fools with delusions of grandeur".

• 2 weeks later...

well we DO know of a targaryen king that married a lady that descended from "an ancient but poor noble line of valyria"

that implies that the "blood" of the old line of dragonlords may have survived to the present day but they are nothing special without their dragons.

Lys is filled with the blood of old Valyria but that doesnt make them special.

among the dragonlord only the targaryen had the wisdom /prophecy/ connection-with-the-dragons, to move away from the Doom.

Well, there is House Velaryon

well we DO know of a targaryen king that married a lady that descended from "an ancient but poor noble line of valyria"

that implies that the "blood" of the old line of dragonlords may have survived to the present day but they are nothing special without their dragons.

Probably somebody from House Velaryon.

Archived