ASoIaF Elimination Game 32: Best quote in AGoT

a free shadow

1) Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid? / That is the only time a man can be brave. 7

2) Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities. 5

3) A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. 5

4) Common people pray for rain, healthy children and a summer that never ends. 5

5) When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. 5

6) There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man. 5

7) Stick them with the pointy end. 5

8) I will give you a golden crown all men will fear. 5

9) The night gathers and now my watch begins. It will not end until my death. (The NW oath) 7

10) The things I do for love. 4

11) Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. 5

12) I did tell you not to trust me. 5

13) If I look back, I am lost. 2

14) It is known. 4

15) When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. 5

16) And now it begins / No, now it ends. 6

17) Promise me, Ned. 5

18) Fear cuts deeper than swords. 5

19) What do we say to the God of Death? / Not today. 6

20) But they have the soft hearts of women. So long as I am your king, treason shall never go unpunished. Ser Ilyn, bring me his head!!6

21) Or maybe he'll give me yours. 6 (+)

22) I am the blood of the dragon. 4

23) Moon of my life / My sun and stars. 4 (-)

24) A madman sees what he sees. 5

25) I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one. 4

26) And I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things. 5

27) Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods. 5

28) In my dreams, I kill him every night, A thousand deaths will still be less than he deserves. 5

29) If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. 5

30) I will wear it as a badge of honor / Wear it in silence or I'll honour you again. 5

Gah, you're such.... I won't say it. I will refrain. The "When I look back, I am lost" line is amazing. I am no Danaerys fan, but I really, really got behind her at that point. I have very much been in that type of position before - and I know it's only inner-strength that got me through.

Unfortunately, Khaleesi, someone saw the need to hurt my favourite quote so I have to heal that instead.

Heal the things I do for love

Hurt Lyanna's death request

1) Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid? / That is the only time a man can be brave. 7

3) A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. 5

4) Common people pray for rain, healthy children and a summer that never ends. 5

9) The night gathers and now my watch begins. It will not end until my death. (The NW oath) 7

10) The things I do for love. 5+

11) Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. 5

14) It is known. 4

15) When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. 5

17) Promise me, Ned. 4-

20) But they have the soft hearts of women. So long as I am your king, treason shall never go unpunished. Ser Ilyn, bring me his head!!6

21) Or maybe he'll give me yours. 5

23) Moon of my life / My sun and stars. 5

25) I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one. 4

26) And I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things. 5

27) Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods. 5

28) In my dreams, I kill him every night, A thousand deaths will still be less than he deserves. 5

29) If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. 5

30) I will wear it as a badge of honor / Wear it in silence or I'll honour you again. 5

10) The things I do for love. 5

14) It is known. 3-

15) When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. 6+

17) Promise me, Ned. 4

21) Or maybe he'll give me yours. 5

23) Moon of my life / My sun and stars. 5

1) Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid? / That is the only time a man can be brave. 8

14) It is known.2

15) When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. 6

17) Promise me, Ned. 4

19) What do we say to the God of Death? / Not today. 5

20) But they have the soft hearts of women. So long as I am your king, treason shall never go unpunished. Ser Ilyn, bring me his head!! 6

21) Or maybe he'll give me yours.6

23) Moon of my life / My sun and stars. 4

25) I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one.4

i counted asha's vote also

i think now its correct

thanks shadow

1) Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid? / That is the only time a man can be brave. 8

14) It is known.1´-

15) When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. 6

16) And now it begins / No, now it ends. 5

17) Promise me, Ned. 4

20) But they have the soft hearts of women. So long as I am your king, treason shall never go unpunished. Ser Ilyn, bring me his head!! 6

25) I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one.4

28) In my dreams, I kill him every night, A thousand deaths will still be less than he deserves. 6+

1) Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid? / That is the only time a man can be brave. 9 (+)

13) If I look back, I am lost. 1 (-)

14) It is known. 0 (-, Aerys Blackfyre)

16) And now it begins / No, now it ends. 5 (+, Aerys Blackfyre)

17) Promise me, Ned. 4

28) In my dreams, I kill him every night, A thousand deaths will still be less than he deserves. 6

1) Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid? / That is the only time a man can be brave. 9

13) If I look back, I am lost

16) And now it begins / No, now it ends. 7

17) Promise me, Ned. 4

19) What do we say to the God of Death? / Not today. 7 +

28) In my dreams, I kill him every night, A thousand deaths will still be less than he deserves. 6

#23 - #25

16. Loses a point.

What now?

St arya's + mine

1) Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid? / That is the only time a man can be brave. 9

4) Common people pray for rain, healthy children and a summer that never ends. 4 -

11) Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. 6 +

17) Promise me, Ned. 4

19) What do we say to the God of Death? / Not today. 7

27) Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods. 6 +

28) In my dreams, I kill him every night, A thousand deaths will still be less than he deserves. 5 -

My vote, and hopefully the corrected score:

4) Common people pray for rain, healthy children and a summer that never ends. 4

11) Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. 6

16) And now it begins / No, now it ends. 7

17) Promise me, Ned. 3 (-)

19) What do we say to the God of Death? / Not today. 7

27) Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods. 6

28) In my dreams, I kill him every night, A thousand deaths will still be less than he deserves. 6 (+)

Archived