Screencapping the Featurette

Westeros

And now, following the featurette, the ritual of screencapping resumes. You can find many screenshots featuring the new cast members, and anything else of interest that we could spot (along with our commentary) at the Gallery

Also, now seemed a good time to add in the season 3 characters we’re aware of—either confirmed by HBO or confirmed by sources we trust in sufficient number to seem credible—to our season 3 character listing.

Enjoy!

Visit the Site!

And now, following the featurette, the ritual of screencapping resumes. You can find many screenshots featuring the new cast members, and anything else of interest that we could spot (along with our commentary) at the Gallery

Also, now seemed a good time to add in the season 3 characters we’re aware of—either confirmed by HBO or confirmed by sources we trust in sufficient number to seem credible—to our season 3 character listing.

Enjoy!

Visit the Site!

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I found confirmation from his agency that Michael McElhatton will be reprising his role as Roose Bolton in season 3!

http://www.lisarichards.ie/actorsm/michael-mcelhatton-actor

Steeshanks and Locke confirmed but not Roose Bolton?

Those characters/actors are "confirmed" because they're new to the show. You aren't going to get announcements every year about characters who have already been introduced in previous seasons. A good rule of thumb is that if they're on the show and you don't hear about them leaving, then they're still there.

Vargo Hoat is not on the show (old news). Noah Taylor (who is suitably creepy) was cast as "Locke" who will be taking on the same duties as Hoat but based on the featurette, it appears that they have made him a man sworn directly to Roose Bolton so that it is less confusing as the whole changing allegiances of the Bloody Mummers.

Qyburn has also been cast and will presumably be in the group and the shot of Locke in the video appears to have him leading a band of men so there will likely be a semblance of the Bloody Mummers gang.

This is only speculation but it's my guess that Locke will be presented as a Bolton man (perhaps a little unbalanced with a mind of his own) who is on a separate mission and who will come across Jaime and Brienne and capture them and cut off his hand just as in the books. Roose will link up with them afterwards and will have the same interactions with Jaime and Brienne as they do in the books.

The only difference I think may happen is that they might discard any of this taking place at Harrenhall in favour of it being at some unnamed encampment instead. There was no Weasel Soup last season, Arya has left Harrenhall, the Mountain is in charge so it hardly seems necessary to have the North take it now and confuse proceedings. There have been no indications that Harrenhall sets have been used this season and no shots of it in the feaurette. It's still possible but it's my gut feeling that they'll just take everything that happens there (including the Bear Pit which we know has been shot) and move it into an undisclosed location somewhere in the Riverlands.

Archived