Theories that are (as far as the board is concerned) are fact that you disagree with

JaegrM

When people insinuate that I'm pulling stuff out of my ass, making something up, or that I haven't actually done my homework, it annoys me. Why would I say that the app said something unless the app actually said that?

If what I write bothers you, ignore it. I don't really care. But if someone suggests that I'm a liar, that's not going to fly.

Never suggested you were pulling stuff out of your ass. A simple "It says so in the such and such section of the app." would`ve answered my question. I was merely looking for a bit more information.

If you want to fly off the handle at insults that aren`t there though, be my guest. I`ll continue calling you out when you being unnecessarily aggressive though.

That thread was damn interesting....

Yes. I feel substantially better knowing that Tze agrees with me on most things, because she is, by a mile, the most analytical person on here. She's picked up the most minute stuff and spun incredibly detailed theories out of it. Everyone is better for having read her stuff, even if they disagree and/or it doesn't come to fruition.

Never suggested you were pulling stuff out of your ass. A simple "It says so in the such and such section of the app." would`ve answered my question. I was merely looking for a bit more information.

I'm pretty sure this is what I said — that the app seemed to confirm that Robb named Jon as his heir.

Where is this app who made it & why should we consider it canon? Anyway...most aren't considered 'fact' as far as the board is concerned, in that there is significant disagreement about them. R=L=J has the most numbers on it's side so it could be (I believe this one, sorry), Aegon is "fake" (as in not Reagar's son) is another (I lean toward this one) , maybe Jojen paste is...BUT I TOTALLY WON'T BE ON BOARD FOR THAT ONE!!! ahem sorry. The rest are crackpot or kind of out there.

Yes. I feel substantially better knowing that Tze agrees with me on most things, because she is, by a mile, the most analytical person on here. She's picked up the most minute stuff and spun incredibly detailed theories out of it. Everyone is better for having read her stuff, even if they disagree and/or it doesn't come to fruition.

Ive read a lot of her posts and yeah i agree with everything she's posted that ive read.

Where is this app who made it & why should we consider it canon? Anyway...most aren't considered 'fact' as far as the board is concerned, in that there is significant disagreement about them. R=L=J has the most numbers on it's side so it could be (I believe this one, sorry), Aegon is "fake" (as in not Reagar's son) is another (I lean toward this one) , maybe Jojen paste is...BUT I TOTALLY WON'T BE ON BOARD FOR THAT ONE!!! ahem sorry. The rest are crackpot or kind of out there.

It's officially sanctioned and available in the Apple app store. Granted I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think you can use words like "official" if it's not official. If you want to discount it, be my guest. But it's legit.

I highly recommend Tze's "The Pyre Revisited" thread. It discusses this in Tze-worthy detail and explains how the spell would have worked. For instance, the fire is explicitly too hot for Dany to approach, until Mirri starts chanting.

I am aware of the thread. I thought I replied to it a while ago.

. . .

If Mirri was casting a spell, why would she wait until the last minute to do so? She had ample time to began in the moments leading up to her execution but instead she does and says nothing:

The godswife did not cry out as they dragged her to Khal Drogo’s pyre and staked her down amidst his treasures. Dany poured the oil over the woman’s head herself. “I thank you, Mirri Maz Duur,” she said, “for the lessons you have taught me.”

“You will not hear me scream,” Mirri responded as the oil dripped from her hair and soaked her clothing.

Mirri knew she had only a matter of time before the flames reached her. Perhaps she underestimated how fast the fire would go despite being covered in oil? Maybe the spell only lasts but for so long so she had to time it just right. Right?

“I will,” Dany said, “but it is not your screams I want, only your life. I remember what you told me. Only death can pay for life.” Mirri Maz Duur opened her mouth, but made no reply. As she stepped away, Dany saw that the contempt was gone from the maegi ’s flat black eyes; in its place was something that might have been fear. Then there was nothing to be done but watch the sun and look for the first star.

Mirri still has time for her spell but still she does nothing. Dany and Jhogo star gaze, spot the comet and then Dany tosses the torch to ignite the pyre. That's when Mirri starts to sing.

But this isn't even the first time Dany has shown a high tolerance to heat. Hours before the funeral:

Her bath was scalding hot when Irri helped her into the tub, but Dany did not flinch or cry aloud. She liked the heat. It made her feel clean. Jhiqui had scented the water with the oils she had found in the market in Vaes Dothrak; the steam rose moist and fragrant. Doreah washed her hair and combed it out, working loose the mats and tangles. Irri scrubbed her back. Dany closed her eyes and let the smell and the warmth enfold her. She could feel the heat soaking through the soreness between her thighs. She shuddered when it entered her, and her pain and stiffness seemed to dissolve. She floated.

Then during the funeral she recalls:

She [Dany] had sensed the truth of it long ago, Dany thought as she took a step closer to the conflagration, but the brazier had not been hot enough.

. . .

That's my take on it. I don't believe in the somewhat-accepted theory MMD made Dany fireproof or MMD was performing magic on the pyre. It was Dany's "special" moment, like it or not.

[spoilers]And no, I'm not saying she's fireproof to those reading this thinking that.[/spoilers]

I'm pretty sure this is what I said — that the app seemed to confirm that Robb named Jon as his heir.

What do you mean, how so? I mean it says flat-out, plain-as-day, "Robb legitimizes Jon Snow and names him his heir." That's "how so."

Not quite. You jumped down my throat. I despise rudeness.

I fear the Dany-fireproof argument will be ongoing until well after the series has ended. I liked the idea that MMD spell backfired and really think that tolerance to hot water holds no weight. Hot water isn`t fire.

Fair enough. I'm not attempting to change anyone's mind.

Well, it can be hard to tell sometimes what the board considers "fact". Some threads seem to indicate that most people on the board think something, when it's actually just a few people.

But, I will take the opportunity to list my opinions on some things:

Coldhands is not Benjen

Jojen was not made into paste

Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion are not Tagaryens

Jon is not dead (for good, anyway) - still not sure if this is what I believe or want to believe...

Neither Stannis nor Mance wrote the pink letter

Benjen is alive; no wait, he's dead; no, hold on, he's alive...

Hmmm, I could go on, but maybe I'll stop.

Fixed that for ya. Though, no biggie, it's totally understandable that thoughtful, analytical and intelligent folks can be seen as lunatics. Thinking can be hard and confusing, y'all! I'm honored to be lumped in with the intelligent folks, though I'm nowhere near the leader. A dozen others are way ahead of me in the brains department.

:)

I have no idea what you are, but you seem to have a crazy high opinion of yourself :)

In ww, when neither Littlefinger, nor Sansa will ever produce any version of Tysha, you may come back with another opinion of yourself...

And martial art could be translated into combat art. And everyone of those require you to know the basics of traditional Asian weapons if you want to master them.

So if you mastered any of them, you do know that the knights of Westeros are kinda lame compared to what you read about combat and combat training in Essos

:)

I have no idea what you are, but you seem to have a crazy high opinion of yourself :)

I'm a regular ole human as far as I know. No blood of the dragon or wolf or lion for me. Yes, I'm quite smug. But I more have a crazy high opinion of those that got lumped into the 'lunatics' category. Them are some smart, thoughtful and super cool folks.

I don't believe that Bran is ever coming out of that tree. Everyone talks about him as a possible successor to Winterfell or the Iron Throne or whatever, but it seemed pretty clear to me that he was going to spend the rest of his time wrapped up in the roots just like BR before him.

that is a theory i am so afraid of :crying:

that is a theory i am so afraid of :crying:

I don't believe that Bran is ever coming out of that tree. Everyone talks about him as a possible successor to Winterfell or the Iron Throne or whatever, but it seemed pretty clear to me that he was going to spend the rest of his time wrapped up in the roots just like BR before him.

ME too - Bloodraven is so freaking awesome, Bran too, it really feels like a waste of amazing talent.

Archived