Small questions, because we can't get enough of them

Angalin

And I've forgotten how many iterations this thread has been through.

i was trying to remembera small detail.

after Brienne shows up and tells Jaime to follow her, and he leaves, we later hear from someone that he just left or disappeared.

who's POV is the chapter we get this, and who is pseaking when we hear this?

thanks.

Cersei's pov talking with Kevan.

“No. Jaime is still in the riverlands, somewhere.”

“Somewhere?” She did not like the sound of that. “He took Raventree and accepted Lord Blackwood’s surrender,” said her uncle, “but on his way back to Riverrun he left his tail and went off with a woman.”

“A woman?” Cersei stared at him, uncomprehending. “What woman? Why? Where did they go?”

“No one knows. We’ve had no further word of him. The woman may have been the Evenstar’s daughter, Lady Brienne.”

Cersei's pov talking with Kevan.

“No. Jaime is still in the riverlands, somewhere.”

“Somewhere?” She did not like the sound of that. “He took Raventree and accepted Lord Blackwood’s surrender,” said her uncle, “but on his way back to Riverrun he left his tail and went off with a woman.”

“A woman?” Cersei stared at him, uncomprehending. “What woman? Why? Where did they go?”

“No one knows. We’ve had no further word of him. The woman may have been the Evenstar’s daughter, Lady Brienne.”

I knew there was some book passage that contradicted GRRM interview, which is why I asked. Other topic locked.

umm i asked yday if some1 knows why is it implyed that cersei and jaime are guilty for jon arryn's death. since that thread magically vanished i hope it's ok to repeat the question. so, since we find out that it was actually lysa poisoning jon arryn, at behest of littlefinger, also sending a letter to her sister, again at his behest. why aren't cersei and jaime all wtf, who wanted to kill him besides us?

umm i asked yday if some1 knows why is it implyed that cersei and jaime are guilty for jon arryn's death. since that thread magically vanished i hope it's ok to repeat the question. so, since we find out that it was actually lysa poisoning jon arryn, at behest of littlefinger, also sending a letter to her sister, again at his behest. why aren't cersei and jaime all wtf, who wanted to kill him besides us?

Cersei thinks that she was responsible for his Death, she thinks that he died from natural causes and that she (with the help of the maester Pycele) prevented his maester from healing him.

ok got one more question. since jon arryn's death is kick-off event(besides white walkers in north, and deny in the east) for story of whole saga, why did littlefinger choose to act in that specific moment? was it because jon arryn was figuring out the truth about the heirs, and that wouldn't be good for his ambitions(whatever they are). or was it something else?

ok got one more question. since jon arryn's death is kick-off event(besides white walkers in north, and deny in the east) for story of whole saga, why did littlefinger choose to act in that specific moment? was it because jon arryn was figuring out the truth about the heirs, and that wouldn't be good for his ambitions(whatever they are). or was it something else?

I don't think that we know yet, we don't know LittleFinger game, we know that he is getting control of large areas, but his objective is still unclear, so is hard to say why he decides to put the plan in motion at that time.

Maybe, it was because he knew Jon was investigating Cersei so it would be easy to blame her and put the Lannister and the Baratheons against each other.

Hi. When I first read AGoT I got the impression that Ser Loras had already won at least one tournament. Since he is 16 it has always bugged me. He's too young and inexperienced to win guys like the Hound (imo). Has he ever won a tournament? I'm on my second read and can't find indication of it anywhere.

Hi. When I first read AGoT I got the impression that Ser Loras had already won at least one tournament. Since he is 16 it has always bugged me. He's too young and inexperienced to win guys like the Hound (imo). Has he ever won a tournament? I'm on my second read and can't find indication of it anywhere.

Yes he had been at least in one other tourney. The one held on Joffrey's name day where he unhorsed the Kingslayer.

As to why, because Mace Tyrell pulled his own sink or swim on his boys and threw them into tourneys while they were still just squires.

Willas Tyrell was green as his surcoat and had no business riding in such company. The Fat Flower thrust him into tourneys at too tender an age, just as he did with the other two. He wanted another Leo Longthorn, and made himself a cripple.”

Better than these were the big yew long-bows borne by the archers of Westerosi blood, and best of all were the great bows of goldenheart treasured by Black Balaq himself and his fifty Summer Islanders. Only a dragonbone bow could outrange one made of goldenheart.
Perhaps the difference is accuracy, where the dragonbone may not be as consistent, pull to pull.

Yes he had been at least in one other tourney. The one held on Joffrey's name day where he unhorsed the Kingslayer.

As to why, because Mace Tyrell pulled his own sink or swim on his boys and threw them into tourneys while they were still just squires.

Willas Tyrell was green as his surcoat and had no business riding in such company. The Fat Flower thrust him into tourneys at too tender an age, just as he did with the other two. He wanted another Leo Longthorn, and made himself a cripple.”

He/She was asking if he ever won, not whether he participated or not.

I am sorry I don't have an answer for you. I still was under the impression that he had won or at least beat 1v1 a lot of the good guys. It's not necessary to win the tourney itself to get fame if you beat someone really good IMO.

He/She was asking if he ever won, not whether he participated or not.

I am sorry I don't have an answer for you. I still was under the impression that he had won or at least beat 1v1 a lot of the good guys. It's not necessary to win the tourney itself to get fame if you beat someone really good IMO.

Because they're wondering how he beat the Hound billy so I brought up the example of him beating someone highly regarded as a jouster in the Kingslayer.

Now the wiki does says he was champion that day but there's no reference so it's invalid.

Just to repeat, while never being directly stated he's been a champion there's plenty of passages speaking of his reputation so it's not unreasonable for him to beat the Hound especially with how he did it.

She had never met Ser Loras Tyrell, but even in the distant north one heard tales of the prowess of the young Knight of Flowers.

Seventeen, and beautiful, and already a legend. Half the girls in the Seven Kingdoms want to bed him, and all the boys want to be him.

“Doubt it all you wish,” said Tyrion, “but Ser Loras has defeated many good knights, including my brother Jaime.”

“This is the first I have heard of a new master-at-arms. You’ll need to look long and hard to find a better jouster than Loras Tyrell. Ser Loras is—”

Then the Knight of Flowers mounted up and put the others all to shame.

Jousting was three-quarters horsemanship, Jaime had always believed. Ser Loras rode superbly, and handled a lance as if he’d been born holding one . . . which no doubt accounted for his mother’s pinched expression. He puts the point just where he means to put it, and seems to have the balance of a cat. Perhaps it was not such a fluke that he unhorsed me. It was a shame that he would never have the chance to try the boy again. He left the whole men to their sport.

Is there a scene where Robert and Ned talk about some image or locket of Lyanna? I may be confusing this with the locket or Margery Tyrell that Renly shows Ned.

No, the usual stuff and he does mention Renly talking up Margaery to him.

Renly says he has this sister, a maid of fourteen, lovely as a dawn …”

I think that Littlefinger had his eyes on the Eyrie, via Lysa. It's also possible that he was thinking three steps ahead and knew Robert would ask Stark to be hand and he could take another shot at Cat.

I think that Littlefinger had his eyes on the Eyrie, via Lysa. It's also possible that he was thinking three steps ahead and knew Robert would ask Stark to be hand and he could take another shot at Cat.

Littlefinger may have been stirring up trouble without a specific plan but poised to take advantage if an opportunity came up

[MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS]

So I was wondering today, about all ressurected characters so far, they've been changed not only physically but also mentally. since we assume that melisandre is gonna ressurect jon, how will that new jon look like?

Not a good question for the small questions thread. There are threads available that you can post to that deal with this sort of thing. Mel has shown no inclination.

Archived