Small questions, because we can't get enough of them

Angalin

You're talking about Raynald, right1?

Anyway, has it been confirmed by GRRM that the prophesies about the Prince, Azor and the Last Hero refer to the same person?2

Also, I can't wrap my head around the timeline of the Last Hero and Azor Ahai3. When were they supposed to have lived?

1. Yes

2. No, but there was a promo for the S2 of GoT in which GRRM is talking about Mel, and from her views, and switches from PWWP to AAR. It is 1) heavily edit going from D & D to GRRM to clips, back to GRRM, back to D. 2) it is the show. 3) he is telling how Mel see it. Take it as you will.

3. The books put it at 8,000 years, however GRRM has heavily hinted ( more then a few times) at the timeline is wrong. So it is debatable to what the real timeline is.

Admittedly I haven't read D&E, but through these boards I know so much about them it's almost as if I have (I know it's not the same, OK) and that's what struck me as odd - Egg didn't seem to me as the kind of guy that would be obsessed with something, let alone a cryptic prophecy1.

Maybe Egg had read the same book or similar, and the witches prophecy was just a confirmation of what he already figured out?2

It just doesn't add up - why would he trust her so much all of a sudden? That's what I meant by "is there something more3".

As a whole, maybe we need to know what was the book Rhaegar read as in what makes these guys take the prophecy so seriously. During their times the WW still haven't been active to be honest, so what were those super-important princes' fates according to Egg and after that Rhaegar? The prince is promised to do what?4

1. Well, he is 10 in D&E and 50+ at that point in the story of the WW. He changed a lot, and we know very little about that time.

2. IMO it is unlikely that Egg read the same book as Rhaegar. My wild Ass Guess is that the WW had fortold of other things, and there for was believed by the Targ's

3. Yes there is probalbly more to it, but only GRRM knows what that is.

4. We just don't know.

1. Well, he is 10 in D&E and 50+ at that point in the story of the WW. He changed a lot, and we know very little about that time.

2. IMO it is unlikely that Egg read the same book as Rhaegar. My wild Ass Guess is that the WW had fortold of other things, and there for was believed by the Targ's

3. Yes there is probalbly more to it, but only GRRM knows what that is.

4. We just don't know.

Thanks for the answers.

Another thing - I seem to be very inquisitive today.

Loras' part in convincing Renly he should be king - that was the show only, right? In the books we're never told that Loras has something to do with Renly's decision to declare himself king - or am I mistaken?

Before Cersei's walk she sends a couple ppl over to the watch with orders to murder Jon Snow ...

1) which kettleback did she send again?

2) who else was sent with him?

3) how are they getting there? ship to eastwatch via bravos or horses?

does anyone remember?

Before Cersei's walk she sends a couple ppl over to the watch with orders to murder Jon Snow ...

1) which kettleback did she send again?

2) who else was sent with him?

3) how are they getting there? ship to eastwatch via bravos or horses?

does anyone remember?

It's Osney Kettleblack.

“A bastard boy in league with Stannis. He’s young and green, and you’ll have a hundred men.”

Doesn't say how they'd get there and doesn't matter as it's Osney that the High Septon had tortured.

It's Osney Kettleblack.

“A bastard boy in league with Stannis. He’s young and green, and you’ll have a hundred men.”

Doesn't say how they'd get there and doesn't matter as it's Osney that the High Septon had tortured.

I don't remember reading anything in Jon's POV about a hundred man showing up at the Wall from KL. The plan most likely never get in motion.

Do we know the mother's of Lord Leyton's 10 children?

It's said that Rhea Florent is his 4th wife. I'm assuming as the Old Man of Oldtown that he is in his 60s/70s with his eldest son being in his mid-40s but do we know which of his children are full siblings?

Thanks for the answers.

Another thing - I seem to be very inquisitive today.

Loras' part in convincing Renly he should be king - that was the show only, right? In the books we're never told that Loras has something to do with Renly's decision to declare himself king - or am I mistaken?

This is my recollection as well. Loras and Renly did have a plan to bring Margery to court and have Robert take her as his wife, though.

Does anyone know why Quorin's nickname is Halfhand? Or if it is actually a nickname?

Only thumb and forefinger remained on the hand that held the reins; the other fingers had been sheared off catching a wildling’s axe that would otherwise have split his skull. It was told that he had thrust his maimed fist into the face of the axeman so the blood spurted into his eyes, and slew him while he was blind. Since that day, the wildlings beyond the Wall had known no foe more implacable.

Icky question, statistically speaking should one or more of the Lannister children (Joff, etc) have 3 eyes? Okay not really 3 eyes haha but some sort of defect?

Yeah realised after posting the Targs did it for ages and there are no cases (I think?) in the books..

Well phyisically no, but the "madness" certainly seems to be an effect. For example we have the Mad King, Visarys and Joff.

Well phyisically no, but the "madness" certainly seems to be an effect. For example we have the Mad King, Visarys and Joff.

While I do think that the madness of the Targs (I'm not affected) do comes from in breading, Joff on the other hand seems to me more like a "happy coincidence".

Cersey is just as crazy and petty, just not as obviously dumb, and she is not a "inbred".

Archived