Small questions, because we can't get enough of them

Angalin

While I do think that the madness of the Targs (I'm not affected) do comes from in breading, Joff on the other hand seems to me more like a "happy coincidence".

Cersey is just as crazy and petty, just not as obviously dumb, and she is not a "inbred".

Well, still first cousins...

I'm not saying all madnesses are cause of inbreeding (Ramsay) or that every time inbreeding causes madness (a lot of great Targs), but, just look at the facts - it has to have some relation.

Also, one can argue that Cersei is not actually mad, but just a stupid douche (to put it simply).

A single inbred birth between 1st cousins is pretty low percentage risk for defects compared with sibling inbreeding or multiple generation first cousin breeding. If Tywin and Joanna are indeed the parents of all 3 children (I can hear the crackpots already en route), then Tyrion's deformities might be the sum of their genetic problems. Cersei's mental issues could be just general heredity, or nurture issues.

A single inbred birth between 1st cousins is pretty low percentage risk for defects compared with sibling inbreeding or multiple generation first cousin breeding. If Tywin and Joanna are indeed the parents of all 3 children (I can hear the crackpots already en route), then Tyrion's deformities might be the sum of their genetic problems. Cersei's mental issues could be just general heredity, or nurture issues.

I do agree with this.

Could one say that the poisoning of Joff was a planned birthed between Oberyn AND Olenna? I mean, we KNOW Olenna poisoned Joff, but rereading ASoS everything seems too convenient.

Olenna wouldn't involve someone she dislikes and never met in the plot to poison Joffrey. The less people that knew about the plan, the less likely it was to be revealed. Olenna got the poison from Sansa's hairnet which was given to her by Dontos from LF in ACoK.

Olenna wouldn't involve someone she dislikes and never met in the plot to poison Joffrey. The less people that knew about the plan, the less likely it was to be revealed. Olenna got the poison from Sansa's hairnet which was given to her by Dontos from LF in ACoK.

I never understand all of these conspiracy ideas of who was in on the poisoning. I doubt even much of her family were aware. Three can keep a secret as the saying goes.

I never understand all of these conspiracy ideas of who was in on the poisoning. I doubt even much of her family were aware. Three can keep a secret as the saying goes.

I just found it oddly convenient you know?

Oberyn telling Tyrion he wanted Gregor's head. Tywin telling him he'd deny it. Joff dies. Cersei champions Gregor while Oberyn offers to champion for Tyrion.

Only thumb and forefinger remained on the hand that held the reins; the other fingers had been sheared off catching a wildling’s axe that would otherwise have split his skull. It was told that he had thrust his maimed fist into the face of the axeman so the blood spurted into his eyes, and slew him while he was blind. Since that day, the wildlings beyond the Wall had known no foe more implacable.

That. Is. Awesome.

So happy I asked.

Oberyn telling Tyrion he wanted Gregor's head. Tywin telling him he'd deny it. Joff dies. Cersei champions Gregor while Oberyn offers to champion for Tyrion.

Convenient like getting dragon eggs to hatch in a funeral pyre, or Stannis arriving just in the nick of time?

Oberyn saw the best chance he was going to get to avenge Elia, and kill Gregor.

AGOT, Aryas POV, Illyrio meeting with Varys.

1. What was with Varys disguise?!

2. NO mention of Young Griff/Aegon whatsoever!?!?!? Not so much as a "Hows our young dragon doing?"

I mean they mention Dany who entered their plotting not too long ago...but not the boy they've been grooming for Kingship for 15 years?!

When did Griff adopt him anyway? Where was he in between?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are just wishing that Oberyn was a super strategist. It's kind of a stretch to say that he planed Joff dead so he can face the mountain.

What if Tyrion was condemned on the spot and killed right there?

What if Tyrion didn't rise to the bait and don't have a discussion with Joff?

2. NO mention of Young Griff/Aegon whatsoever!?!?!? Not so much as a "Hows our young dragon doing?"

I mean they mention Dany who entered their plotting not too long ago...but not the boy they've been grooming for Kingship for 15 years?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the disguise was to pass Ilyrio by the guards, and we don't heard the hole conversation, so who is to say that every word that we didn't heard was about Young Griff?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aegon lived at Illyrio's before Griff "adopted" him. That's why there are old boy-sized clothes there for Tyrion to wear.

In Big Walder's AWOIAF page it says:

Traveling with Ramsay to Moat Cailin, Barrowton, then on to Winterfell, Big Walder is present when the body of his cousin, Little Walder, is discovered, as the latest in a series of murders at Winterfell. In the aftermath, the Freys draw their swords on Lord Manderly and his men, and Lord Bolton is forced to seperate them and send them out of Winterfell to fight what they suspect is Stannis's host

Is there a reason why it says "what they suspect?" I'm doing a reread, and have been so focused on what's going on in ACOK that I've almost completely forgotten what happens in ADWD.

Has anyone ever asked how on earth Barristan Selmy managed to update the White Book despite having to flee directly to the stables after his dismissal?

It's always bugged be and I've been searching but I can't seem to find any mention.

He didn't go directly to the stables.

He didn't go directly to the stables.

I guess I gotta look back again, I thought in his story to Dany about leaving the city he says something about having nowhere to go if not the White Tower. I guess he does have to get his stuff. Just seems like an odd thing to do with a troupe of Gold Cloaks chasing you.

In Big Walder's AWOIAF page it says:

Is there a reason why it says "what they suspect?" I'm doing a reread, and have been so focused on what's going on in ACOK that I've almost completely forgotten what happens in ADWD.

Stannis' force wasn't wasn't there. There was someone else's men are outside blowing warhorns, because Theon is later delivered to Stannis' camp. I don't think the who is revealed until the TWoW sample Theon chapter.

Why did they have to sneak the strangler stone in on Sansa's hairnet? Couldn't the queen of thorns just have hidden it on her person? Were they strip searching the wedding guests?

Why did they have to sneak the strangler stone in on Sansa's hairnet? Couldn't the queen of thorns just have hidden it on her person? Were they strip searching the wedding guests?

That has always seemed like a needless complication. My guess would be something like this was something they set up beforehand, For some reason only littlefinger has the poison and of course he's going to be gone and they wouldn't want to meet in the Red Keep anyways with all the little birds so Sansa is used as the mule.

Archived