Which mysteries would you rather REMAIN unsolved?

georgiatargaryen

Varys's endgame and background is the number one thing I don't want to be resolved. I think it makes the story that much better.

Coldhands's identity. I accept him as a "good entity" without having to know what or who he is.

Patchface, anything about him. I really don't understand what makes him so mysterious or ominous.

If Aerys and Joanna really did happen. Does it matter now?

If Theon actually has a manhood. Just one of those TMI situations.

I don't want to know whether Aegon is the genuine article or not. I'd rather see it play out with no one being sure. I also don't care what happened to Gerion Lannister or Tysha, don't care much who Coldhands is and am not interested in Benjen's fate.

1. I hope there's never an explanation about who sent the direwolves to the Stark children. I've heard theories that it was Bloodraven, and even future WeirBran, but I like the mystery of it being the old gods who sent them.

2. A part of me hopes that Littlefinger's dagger is never brought back up, as it could lead to Littlefinger's demise. Rememember, a Lannister always pays his debts, and surely Tyrion hasn't forgotten, but I kind of hope he did.

3. If Aegon is a Blackfyre/Pretender, I hope it's never revealed but lightly hinted at throughout the books.

4. I hope Jon, himself, never finds out that he is a Targaryen. As in, it will be something the readers know, and mayhaps a few characters, but will never be revealed to Jon. Unfortunately for me, I do believe Jon will be told of his parentage

5. And of course, I hope that all the mysterious thing out there aren't revealed or explained thoroughly: Others, Smoking Sea, Valyria/Doom, ect.

For the people saying Asshai; That's one of the few things I would love to be explained. Who wouldn't want to know whats going on there and in the Shadow Lands? Bran saw dragons in his dream in AGoT, and everything in that dream has become true or was really happening at the time.

As fascinated as I am by the mystique around it, I hope we don't find the full story of the sword Dawn came to be. There such mystery around its creation that I would rather it remained unsaid as it would be a story in itself. Some hints would be nice but the mystery should remain.

Quaithe should never go unmasked. I do not care to know who poisoned the locusts. Let the digger stay on the isle forever in peace and humility. I don't think I want to visit the vast ice headquarters of the others. Asshai should stay mysterious. I don't care about Melisandre's slave childhood or Aeron's creaky hinges or Gerion and brightroar or the KotLT. I don't want to know too much about Dorkstar. I think we'll be disappointed. Tysha is probably still in westeros, a large, toothless bar wench with 14 kids. Best not see that either.

Quaithe should never go unmasked. I do not care to know who poisoned the locusts. Let the digger stay on the isle forever in peace and humility. I don't think I want to visit the vast ice headquarters of the others. Asshai should stay mysterious. I don't care about Melisandre's slave childhood or Aeron's creaky hinges or Gerion and brightroar or the KotLT. I don't want to know too much about Dorkstar. I think we'll be disappointed. Tysha is probably still in westeros, a large, toothless bar wench with 14 kids. Best not see that either.

I guess it comes down to how details we get on eahc one of these side stories. I would rather get fewer stories we find out about in greater details as opposed to covering everything but only on the surface.

Archived